Interview October 2014 : Jessica Chastain by Craig McDean

Pretty Wasted..um, where are the clothes? :huh:

HOW DID I MISS THAT PRETTY WASTED ED??!! It's stunning, literally one of the best editorials of the year. Flawless execution, and something quite provocative to look at.

Pretty Wasted
Photographer:
Fabien Baron
Stylist: Karl Templer
Models: Anja Rubik, Andreea Diaconu, Lily Donaldson, Edita Vilkeviciute & Daria Strokous
Make-Up: Mark Carrasquillo
Hair: Yannick d'Is

HQs without text

photocouture-show.com

Ok, the quality for Pretty Wasted is much better now, I can actually spot the pieces.

Max Irons by Robbie Fimmano

Ph: Robbie Fimmano

Ph: Steven Pan

streeters.com

That pretty wasted editorial is one of the many (feminists) targets, this month ....
This is called to glamorize r*pe, and young drunk girls.

How on earth does it glamorize r*pe? There are no assailants in any of the photos and it's clear in each of them that the women are in their state because they're wasted, not because they've been assaulted. Yes, it's a dark editorial, but unconscious woman =/= automatic r*pe imagery.

I think there are fashion editorials that glamorize r*pe, this is not one of them.

How on earth does it glamorize r*pe? There are no assailants in any of the photos and it's clear in each of them that the women are in their state because they're wasted, not because they've been assaulted. Yes, it's a dark editorial, but unconscious woman =/= automatic r*pe imagery.
Actually, there doesn't need to be an assailant present in order for the overall effect of an image to allude to abuse, both the literal and figurative nuances of this specific edit speak volumes. Of course, that's all open to individual interpretation.

I think there are fashion editorials that glamorize r*pe, this is not one of them.

I'm sure you mean in your opinion, it does not glamourize r*pe, right Kokobombon? Because when you state something with such a definite tone you sort of invalidate the views contrary to yours.
For once, I actually agree with the feminists. I mean, I dunno why they couldn't photograph the girls in a slightly more saner state. Perhaps just a bunch of girls just drinking, dancing and having fun in a nightclub?
Imo they look absolutely beyond their own control, even compromised in some shots. Disjointed legs and all. The setting isn't even your average 'nightclub' or maybe a back-alley, it looks like some 'Hostel'-esque torture chamber!
Call me provincial I regard these shots more as setting a disturbing tone for 'before' and/or 'after' scenes of an intoxicated r*pe.

Everybody's saying 'yes, but it's provocative and daring art'. Art may be open to individual interpretation, but it still bears a degree of moral responsibility and reflection. Perhaps we should just agree that this shoot resonates quite different with all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I think the title, Pretty Wasted, is very clear and straight forward. This is just a glamourized version of any drunk girls after partying hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->