Jean-paul Gaultier A / W 04

:heart: I love the presentation
The clothrs them selves not so much, :unsure: how ever some of the reconstructed men's style suit looks are great:heart:

I love the way he presented this collection - it was quite brilliant
I like a lot of the pieces, especially the first dress :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 4th, 2004 - 10:10 pm

what's going on with hermes...is he debuting this season or next?....
its this season :wink: cant wait

Its (as usual) a mix of everything; Business, Ethnic, Urbane and Luxe. For me it was okay. Though the show wasn't new, it was still a cool presentation. There were some really good pieces (usually the layered ensembles) and the coats, jackets had a certain raw-lined-detailed look that I loved. :heart: As always fabulous tailoring and suits. :woot:

It seems he's concentrating more on Hermes. This is a lot like his Fall 2002 collection. :unsure:

Suzy Menkes of IHT on JPG a.w.04 :flower:

Since Jean Paul Gaultier has a lot on his plate - he presents his first collection for Hermθs on Saturday - he can be forgiven for his madcap show where models were replaced by puppets. To be more precise, models with their faces hidden under fabric on which a face was sketched, were manipulated from above as they turned on a gantry in a freezing space. Even Catherine Deneuve's tranquil beauty reflected the puzzlement as Gaultier classics, from a trench coat, chic in red leather, through a linear peacoat with checked pants and deconstructed denim pieces, took to this inelegant carrousel.
In fact, Gaultier had produced some intriguing clothes, especially the blends of knit and fur in one coat and the photo prints projected onto the fabric creating an image of knit on a cardigan or pinstripes on a suit. But let no one say that models are not worth the money. A walking, talking, living doll in sleek Prince of Wales tailoring or a perfect black velvet dress looks 10 times better than a puppet on a string.

the whole mood of his presentation was done by Martin Margiela maybe ten years ago :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->