Jean Paul Gaultier F/W 10.11 Paris

I don't know yet. That coat in the fitting picture looked beautiful though.

I like it, maybe because it appeals to me since I'm Mexican and seeing ethnic traditional germents in a Parisian runway makes me proud of my nationality. Mexico has very interesting outfits and I can see why JPG got inspired.

^ Nvm, I looked more into the collection and some of the pieces are nice and mexican but its so messy... haha

How could anyone say this passes for Mexican.....
They've probably never been to Mexico.
Sorry guys but throwing 5 zarapes around does not make for a Mexican-inspired collection, it's a vague reference, same for Togo, Russia and all the others featured here.. I'm actually seeing more kimonos, african turbans and Caucasus embroidery than anything else, and I don't even think India is such a defined inspiration like style.com pointed out. This is your typical Gaultier mess.. with traditional clothing (that you can pick up in the exact same design, better quality and lower price back in their home countries). nothing spectacular about it, unless you're into that kind of styling. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaultier is always so hit and miss for me. I either love it or hate it. In this case: :(. I think it's too all over the place and in some cases, kinda ugly.

I actually enjoyed this collection, very nice to look at. Looks very eclectic, so I need to take a closer look and visualize some pieces separately but all in all it's yay ^_^

this a terrible! no explanation needed! JUST LOOK AT IT! ewwww!!!!
why does his Rtw suck so much when he does such great work with couture

^^
I agree there are some really nice sperate peices but together:sick:. Also quite a few of these garments look like JPG tried to do what Galliano did a few seasons ago with this ethnic collection.

I hate these collections that are styled in such a way that I just literally can't be bothered to unpick them to see the clothes beneath.
I saw some lovely tailoring but always matched with something naff.
Not. A fan.

I hate these collections that are styled in such a way that I just literally can't be bothered to unpick them to see the clothes beneath.
I saw some lovely tailoring but always matched with something naff.
Not. A fan.

Lovely way too put it. I normally love JPG. Sometimes he's a disappointment, but this really was a disappointment. I just do not get the thought process and there's too much going on, yet for some reason I can't be bothered to look at each outfit for long enough to deconstruct it before clicking "next." :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->