John Galliano F/W 2008.09 Paris

does anyone have HQ's for this show? i have a powerpoint project due this friday. eheh.

thanks in advance

^_^

I'm always surprised when I come back to mid-late 00s shows after a slather of 20s shows. They glide and move so naturally. While the current generation have grown to be great walkers (print is more debatable), it can feel a bit more manufactured and showy. I also imagine that the shoes here were better designed/constructed here than the ones shown on runway today.

Oh John…
My first Harem pants! I need to look for them in my wardrobe (thank you @Scotty for the throwback and the reminder lol).

I remember that I got to borrow a dress from this collection for an event in exchange for some shoes.

I have always loved this collection and this show which, for Galliano standards, was very tame. FW07 and SS08 were so strong and celebrated that this one was maybe just seen as « more commercial ». But actually it was quite an inventive collection from John. The harem pants were quite fresh for him.
There are some fabulous pieces.

I think what I miss the most from John’s Margiela is the sensuality, the effortlessness and the frivolity we have in this collection. It’s very technically impressive and loaded in Drama and theatrics but sometimes, a stunning dress in satin biais cut can have the same or more effect.

This is just a banal boutique cr*p for fashion noobs from couture clients thread that not deserves a show, spiced with tricky makeup, hair, hats, shoes, set and music. This is not "John trying something new" or something, this is just a simple right hand designer change from Robinson to Gayten

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->