Kate Moss (Please put any and all Kate related gossip in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ True but I don't think she needs bread and butter anymore. If she did almost nothing now she could still live a decent life, and I think that's what Kate is kinda about, living. Which is probably why she has such a cult following.... she makes money off her personality as much as her looks these days. And that's providing plenty of returns *cough Topshop cough* for her.

true but the whole machine is starting to slow down now. she isnt cute like she used to be, shes starting to look very cheap infact

true but the whole machine is starting to slow down now. she isnt cute like she used to be, shes starting to look very cheap infact

Kate cheap!!?!?! Wow..for me, it's more kind of girl like Beckam that is cheap!!..really cheap.:sick:

poor miss moss, she looks terrible,
that hair cut make her older and the color in very bright
anyway her lines are still there

Wow...all that party that she does really caught up to her. Seeing those
pictures of her at LAX airport was quite...well...ummm...frightening?
She's only 33, 34? She looks much older than that.

:shock::shock: No-one can look good 24/7 but gotta say those airport pics...........rough as a badger's ****.:shock::ninja:

Supermodel Kate Moss's bed up for auction

Telegraph.co.uk
The catwalk star may not have slept in the large, pine double for more than four years, but for many it will be the closest they will ever get.
The bedstead, handmade by Yells of Fairford, occupied the master bedroom of a Cotswold cottage in Southrop, Gloucestershire, which Miss Moss rented between 2001 and 2004.
Now being sold on behalf of the owners of the property, the bed carries an estimate of £200 to £300, and will go under the hammer at auctioneer Moore Allen & Innocent's pre-Christmas sale this Friday.
A spokesman for Moore Allen & Innocent said: "Any hot-blooded male whose seasonal fantasy involves no more than waking up in Kate Moss's bed on Christmas morn - or any morn, for that matter - can now have that fantasy fulfilled from as little as £200."
Bidding for the bed is likely to be fierce since any item of clothing, piece of art or memorabilia linked to Miss Moss has proved popular in the past.
In September, a self-portrait drawn by the 34-year-old in lipstick and marked with her lip prints sold for £ 33,600 at auction in London.
It had already been sold once before-by her ex Pete Doherty whose blood stains are also on the canvas.
The bed will be on sale under lot 682, at the Norcote Salerooms, near Cirencester, on Friday.

Attachments

• kate-moss460_1117547c.jpg
    kate-moss460_1117547c.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 5
Wait...does this mean that she doesn't own her lovely Cotswolds cottage anymore? But we just had recent candids of her, Jamie and Lila in the country...:huh:

^no, before she bought her own cottage a few years ago, she used to rent one.

UK Vogue October 2008

from dailymail.co.uk:

The enigma of beauty

By ALEXANDRA SHULMAN
Last updated at 1:06 PM on 10th October 2008

Many women are pretty. Few are beautiful. So what, asks Vogue's editor, is the elusive magic that sets some apart?

The first time I saw Kate Moss, I did not think she was beautiful. It was during the New York fashion shows of 1992 and she was a slight, bow-legged, mousey-haired urchin with attitude.
You noticed her as she gawkily but, even then, confidently walked down the runway - although that was mainly because she was several inches shorter than most of her fellow models in the shows, and she was a newcomer.
The others - supermodels such as Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer and Naomi Campbell, to name a few - had the bodies and polished stance which had been so fashionable in the Eighties; Kate was a rule-breaking waif, ushering in a whole new beauty aesthetic.
Now when I'm asked to name someone I find beautiful, Kate immediately comes to mind - 16 years after that first sighting, and 15 years after I put her on her first Vogue cover (scrubbed face, hair scraped back and photographed by Corinne Day) because I thought she was the face of the new age of fashion.
Since then, there have been other models who have epitomised a moment: Amber Valletta, a waif-turned-sophisticate; Nadja Auermann, the German Amazon who captured the transition from recession grunge into revitalised luxe in the mid-Nineties; and Gisele Bundchen, head girl of the sultry Brazilian moment. But for me, none has quite that same intriguing beauty.
Kate epitomises so many of the notions and qualifications I believe about beauty - and I use that 'I' deliberately, for beauty is, indeed, in the eye of the beholder.
For me, beauty demands a kind of originality that makes you stop and look again. Francis Bacon, the 16th-century philosopher, put it this way: 'There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.'

article-0-02F4A60600000578-906_306x423.jpg

Kate Moss: The facts regarding this Croydon-born model are more myth than mastery, but Moss will be remembered as the most powerful muse of our age

And it is this strangeness that makes beauties what they are, and someone such as the singers Natalie Appleton or Cheryl Cole merely a good-looking girl. Prettiness is the enemy of beauty - the blandness and acceptability of pretty cancels out the greatness of beauty.

When you think of the legendary beauties - Sophia Loren, Ava Gardner, Julie Christie, Cate Blanchett, Jean Shrimpton, Diana Cooper - there is grandeur and presence to them.
Beauty, when you are in the presence of it, is a transforming influence, a little like royalty.
It makes people around it behave in ways they wouldn't do otherwise; it exerts real power and it binds people together in their desire to experience a part of it.
A colleague illustrates this: 'When I was at St Martin's College in London, I was friends with a Norwegian girl of near-mythical beauty. We named her "Yeswegian", because no one could refuse her anything.
'I watched people get off and then reenter Tube carriages she had just walked into; ropes were lifted instantly at the entrance to exclusive parties. Her mere presence elevated our student status.'
Of course, there is nothing 'mere' about beauty. It's strong stuff, and few of us can resist its allure. It's no coincidence that the best hostesses always ensure a quota of young beauties at their party - not as sexual partners for the male guests, but as decoration, similar to exquisite arrangements of flowers.
At Gianni Versace's after-show dinners, the most beautiful models would arrive in a flock, wearing the most glamorous Versace gowns. They would rarely eat, but would perch, chattering, smoking and giggling among themselves, making many of the guests feel less gorgeous, yet enchanted by their presence.
The writer Aldous Huxley observed that 'beauty is worse than wine; it intoxicates both the holder and the beholder.' And this compelling nature of beauty is one of the most interesting aspects to it.
We crave beauty because of its rarity. Not only can we feast our eyes on it, but by being around it, we bathe in a small amount of reflected glory. A female friend spoke of being at a dinner party with Julie Christie recently: 'I stayed incredibly late because I didn't want to stop looking at Julie. She's just so beautiful.'
Saul Metzstein, a film director, describes a similar incident when working on the film Trainspotting, back when Angelina Jolie was married to the actor Jonny Lee Miller, who starred in the film: 'She came to visit the set and we had to take her out for a drink in Glasgow.
'We were in a pub on Sauchiehall Street, and I remember every guy's head turning as she walked in. One particular individual walked into a pillar with his pint because he was staring at her so transfixedly.
'Importantly, it wasn't recognition that captivated them - she wasn't yet a star. It was just that here was this ridiculously beautiful girl in a very average Glasgow boozer - she shouldn't have existed in that universe.'
One of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen was when I was at school. We returned for the autumn term to find a stranger in our midst, dressed in old, baggy dungarees, with long, centre-parted, dirty-blonde hair and the wide, pale face of an angel.
The whole of the upper school stared, desperate to become her friend. Even now, it is that look of innocence cut with rebelliousness that remains my favourite kind of beauty - the style of Kate Moss, Marianne Faithfull, Russian model Natalia Vodianova and Scarlett Johansson in Lost In Translation.
I think beauty flourishes best in plain surroundings. Real beauty is often at its best removed from glamour and adornment. Think how admired Carla Bruni-Sarkozy was in her almost drab Dior when she visited Britain a few months ago - the simplicity of her near-uniform style allowing her sapphire eyes, perfect skin and incandescent smile to shine.
Take Jean Shrimpton in a simple white shift dress, shot against a gritty London backdrop by David Bailey. And remember Cate Blanchett in her school-teacher cardigans in the film Notes On A Scandal? Her blonde luminosity lights up the staff room.
Notions of what beauty is are part of society's collective consciousness, and yet at the same time are entirely immediate and personal. As someone I asked put it: 'It transcends everything around you. You can't not notice beauty when it's there, but you can't remember or describe it when it's not. What matters is the experience of it in the here and now.'
Although beauty strikes one in an individual way, contemporary definitions and our understanding of beauty change over time.
Although the classical Greek notion of beauty, which relies on a relationship of perfect proportion throughout the body and physiognomy, still has some currency, the beauties of the Elizabethan era look very different to those of the Regency period, or to those new androgynes of the Twenties.
Lady Antonia Fraser, whose historical biographies often focus on women at the epicentre of their age, says she's learned to pay more attention to the contemporary description than to the contemporary portrait when trying to evoke the reality.
'Mary Queen of Scots doesn't look beautiful to us, does she?' she says. 'Beaky nose, beady eyes, small, pursed mouth. Yet in many letters and accounts of the time, she was described as the most beautiful princess in Europe, with glowing details of her amber-coloured hair, milky-white complexion and so on.'
We can never know if we would have found women deemed to be great beauties in another age to be that now - Cleopatra, for example, or Helen of Troy - but there is every chance that we wouldn't. They would have been too small, too stocky and probably too earthy for our tastes today.
Mario Testino, who has not only photographed many contemporary beauties but made women who aren't beautiful look so (such as the late Diana, Princess of Wales), says: 'To me, beauty is directly related to a moment and a reaction to something.
'When I found Gisele Bundchen and suggested her to the different Vogue magazines, no one was interested - they thought her shape was wrong. Tiny waist, big nose, small eyes and big breasts; they were into waifs. A year later, everyone found her beautiful.'
The three young models on the cover of the new issue of Vogue have been chosen specifically to showcase different types of good looks, possibly even beauty.
To some people's eyes, one will be beautiful perhaps, the others perhaps not. But whatever the case, they have been anointed with whatever collective process it is (magazine covers, advertising campaigns, tabloid comment) that deems them, out of so many lovely girls, to be the faces of the moment. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

The full version of this article can be seen in the October issue of Vogue, on sale now. Alexandra Shulman. © The Conde Nast Publications Ltd.

Kate Moss wages war on the paps

KATE Moss had a bust-up with the paparazzi last night, soaking them in freezing cold water. It was the second big night out on the trot for the supermodel and it seems she snapped after photographers took pictures of her looking the worse for wear on Monday.

The 34-year-old popped out for a late-night cocktail session with boyfriend Jamie Hince and Topshop boss Sir Philip Green at China Tang in The Dorchester, following Monday’s massive bender with Stella McCartney, where we spied her looking a little bit tipsy.

“She was really annoyed at being jostled and felt they had been really rude the night before,” a source tells theBuzz. “She told Jamie she wanted to get them back.”

On arriving home in Maida Vale, Kate, who was an odd omission from the VIP list at the British Fashion Awards at Westminster’s Lawrence Hall last night, soaked photographers with a hosepipe. Perhaps that encouraged them to focus on Jamie’s nasty black eye...
6a00d8354834d753ef0105361bca19970b-800wi.jpg
image from thelondonpaper

kate and jaime are looking a little bruised. i don't think it was christmas decorations falling on their heads. . . looks like they just got a little over zealous in the sack.

Post #1595 - great article, Shulman makes some great points [ even though I don't agree about Kate]. But hey! beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway.

From MSN Entertainment Page:
Kate Moss and her rocker boyfriend Jamie Hince might want to ask Santa to bring them a pair of helmets and some gift certificates for couples counseling. The London Daily Mail claims the worse-for-wear supermodel was overheard at a recent soiree explaining that she and her beau were left with banged-up faces -- she had a cut on her cheek; he was sporting a black eye -- after getting into a tussle over where to celebrate in the birth of the baby Jesus. "We had a fight yesterday about what to do for Christmas. We had a bit of a scuffle and I was wearing a chunky ring, which caught him right in the eye," Moss is quoted as saying (see the pics here). "It's all OK now, though. We fight and we have our ups and downs -- like anyone, really."

I think she is being mis-quoted in this actually.
Didn't she say that a box of Christmas decorations fell on their heads?

"Kate Moss Might Be PregnantRumor has it that Kate Moss is planning a party to take place at her country house in the U.K. on December 18 to announce that she's pregnant with boyfriend Jamie Hince's baby. People suspect she's with child because Simon Cowell noticed she had a "bit of a tummy" when she went on X Factor recently, she's been wearing baggy tops, and she doesn't drink when she goes out. Well if Simon Cowell says so…
according to NY mag blog. I have no idea if this is true but thought I should post this anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CincyCritic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->