Lady Gaga (July 2011 - May 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to look for meanings in her videos or if its just a bunch of fluff, lol.

^ You mean like this in the middle of poisoning a diner full of people?? (For some reason I found this hysterical when I first saw it!!) :lol:

letsmakeasandwich.jpg

My screencap from YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing video for an amazing song. She created visuals like no other pop star before her. Yes, Madonna is an icon in her own right and I love her but f**k, Gaga is so good at what she does.

I think some of it was kinda outta place for the song although I did like the idea of so many different couples. I think it was the leather clad dancing that didn't really fit in my opinon.

^Totally agree. I think they should've tried to make the "story" (if there even is one) more cohesive and comprehensible instead of adding random dance scenes to a country-ish song. But in the end, Gaga IS a dance musician so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

im really not sure about the video. i've never been a fan of the actual single. but i am glad more effort/budget went into this video. poor edge of glory

Well, at least the video looks good. It's amazing how much she has borrowed from Nina Hagen visually....even more astonishing that few seem to make the connection - I mean among elderly music journalists...I guess it's because Nina Hagen was really crazy, not just faking it because it looks good.

The video for 'Yoü and I' is absolutely brilliant. My interpretation of the video is of the lengths one will go to be with the one they love. Gaga had already made mention that the main premise of the video would be her walking from NY to Nebraska to return to the man she left a couple of years before ( It's been two years since I let you go). The man in question is the scientist (Taylor Kinney...be still my heart) who tries to make his creation more human but she refuses treatments (Beware of strange oddities. The more he tries to fix me, the more magical I become.~ LG's Twitter).

She returns as the Bionic Gaga and he continues to work on her (she allows this to happen because she loves him) the treatments still don't work and she in turn becomes Yuyi the Mermaid. At the end he learns to accept her for who she is and the scene cuts back to the wedding fantasy scene. The beginning of the video shows part of the same scene with him caressing her legs so, I would guess, that due to them accepting each other for who they are, it eventually humanized her.

Or I think it could be different couples and again the lengths one will go for love.

*shrugs* :lol:

Whatever I love the video. I would usually not wish for choreography for such a tune (STYCD was a bit hmm) but it actually went well with the video imo. Her 'running' is also hilarious. All in all, A +

Thanks Teja for the gifs. :flower:

2e2qrvc.gfi

ONTD

Lady Gaga Will Be ‘As Big As Elvis Presley,’ Tony Bennet Says

Legendary jazz performer and fifteen-time Grammy Award winner Tony Bennet thinks Lady Gaga, who is set to appear on his upcoming duets album, will become as big as Elvis Presley.

“I never met a more talented person in my life,” the 85-year-old singer told Billboard. “I think she’s going to become as big as Elvis Presley.”

Lady Gaga joined Bennett for a duet of the jazz standard “The Lady Is a Tramp.” Their rendition of the song will appear as the first track on Duets II, which will be released on September 20th to celebrate the singer’s 85th birthday.

The list of artists on Duets II includes Aretha Franklin, Amy Winehouse, Michael Buble, Norah Jones, Alejandro Sanz, John Mayer, Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Andrea Bocelli and many others. The much-anticipated album is available for pre-order on iTunes now.

-GGD

+

^ That is so touching to me!! Not only is he such a wonderful man, but the very fact that she appreciates him so much (he really is the best at what he does!) and they have recorded together- a dream come true! :crush:

^ Well said! :flower:

First Look at Lady Gaga’s MTV Video Music Awards Performance Promo

did anyone see fashionista take on You and I video?

they point out how she borrows from herself this time. Most notably the man getup from vogue as well as the grey hair from vanity fair both from a year or two ago.

^ My goodness- they always find something!! "Look- Picasso is using red and blue paint!! He used red and blue paint two years ago- and he obviously stole the idea from Monet, who also used red and blue paint!!!" :rolleyes: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->