Lady GaGa (November 2010 - June 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 MuchMusic Video Awards (June 18)

celebrity-gossip.net

Thanks for posting the latest pics, Anet. :smile: I love that wig.

^ great photo, Libra :flower: that pink!
i love her look this video : outfit, hair & makeup

i wished she had more energy during her lip syncing parts. that's why you gotta do everything 100% so whatever clip ends up being used would be very good, if that makes sense

:smile: Thanks!

Yeah it makes sense. Supposedly there wasn't much time allotted after the other idea was scrapped and I can just imagine how tired she was after all of the drama amongst everything else she does. There is a mix of high and low energy going on but with each viewing I find myself enjoying the clip more. Her freestyle performance when Clarence does his sax solo is fun to watch. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't have minded if the commercial was used as the music video. :P

Yes! I was digging the Rocky-esque theme:boxer: and the fan videos intertwined was so sweet.

2hnyjhk.jpg

F**kyeahladygaga

E Street Band's Clarence Clemons Dies at 69

Clarence Clemons, the legendary saxophonist in the E Street Band who played alongside Bruce Springsteen for the past 40 years, died on June 18th. Clemons had suffered a massive stroke on June 12th. While initial signs had been hopeful after his hospitalization and two subsequent brain surgeries, he reportedly took a turn for the worse later in the week. He was 69.

Clemons – known affectionately to fan and friends as the Big Man – was the heart and soul of the E Street Band. His playing on tracks like "Born To Run," "Thunder Road," "Jungleland," "Dancing In The Dark" and countless more represent some of the most famous sax work in the history of rock & roll. "The story I have told throughout my work life I could not have told as well without Clarence," Springsteen wrote in the introduction to Clemons' 2009 memoir Big Man: Real Life and Tall Tales.

So much has been said and written about the stormy night in Asbury Park in 1971 when Clemons met Springsteen that it's hard to separate fact from myth. At the time, Springsteen was a struggling musician playing the New Jersey bar circuit and Clemons was a former college football player who spent his nights playing sax in clubs along the shore. "It was raining and thundering like a mother****er," Clemons wrote in his memoir. "When I opened the door it blew off the hinges and flew down the street . . . Somebody introduced me to Bruce, everybody knew everybody, and he asked me if I wanted to sit in."

Clemons soon became part of Springsteen's backing band (not yet known as the E Street Band), and when Bruce recorded his debut LP Greetings From Asbury Park in the summer of 1972, Clemons was brought in for the sessions. Over the next two decades, Clemons became the most recognizable member of the E Street Band – for his massive size, equally huge personality and his onstage role as Springsteen's foil.

He's the only member of the band on the cover of Born To Run with Springsteen. "When you open it up and see Clarence and me together, the album begins to work its magic," Springsteen wrote in Clemons' memoir. "Who are these guys? Where did they come from? What is the joke they are sharing? A friendship and a narrative steeped in the complicated history of America begins to work and there is music already in the air."

In the 1980s, Clemons began a second career as an actor, appearing in TV shows like Diff'rent Strokes and movies such as Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. He also scored a solo hit in 1985 with "You're A Friend Of Mine," a duet with Jackson Browne. He was on tour with Ringo Starr's All Star Band in 1989 when Springsteen phoned him to say he was breaking up the band. "I didn't speak or even attempt to interject," Clemons wrote in his memoir. "I got very quiet and stopped smiling. In fact, it looked to Ringo like I was being told about somebody dying."

The E Street Band reformed in 1999 and has been incredibly active ever since. Clemons loved being back on the road, even as he battled incredible pain with his knees, back and hips. Earlier this year, he played sax on two tracks on Lady Gaga's new album Born This Way. He appears in the recently released video for "Edge of Glory," and his final live performance was with Gaga on the season finale of American Idol.

RollingStone

2q1av7l.jpg

2l94o6p.gif

e9gpzs.jpg

GGD & F**kyeahladygaga

Sadly, E street Band's Clarence Clemons, the saxophonist for Gaga's "The Edge of Glory" has passed. -_-

EDIT: Good job, Libra Skye. Beat me to it. :P

i wish i went to see her do rehearsals! its surreal having the stage outside next to a main street.

I wonder if Gaga will change her performance now that Clarence has passed. I know she changed her Brits performance after the passing of Alexander McQueen as a tribute to him. I guess only time shall tell if the fantastic photos Anet has provided will be similar to her performance tomorrow at the MMVA's.

EDIT: Good job, Libra Skye. Beat me to it. :P

^_^ :flower:

i think that we should expect her to do something special for clarence.

Seems kind of eerily ironic given the motivation/theme of the song that it would be his last. I'm sure she'll do a tribute. It would be un-Gaga to just act like it didn't happen.

aw man RIP CC

Anet, i love the long blue hair and Much Music outfit!

:smile: Thanks!

Yeah it makes sense. Supposedly there wasn't much time allotted after the other idea was scrapped and I can just imagine how tired she was after all of the drama amongst everything else she does. There is a mix of high and low energy going on but with each viewing I find myself enjoying the clip more. Her freestyle performance when Clarence does his sax solo is fun to watch. ^_^

even with the low energy in some lip sync parts, i though her close-ups looked great
oh yes i love her parts with Clarence too! the Flashdance pose :wub:
and whenever she flips her hair, it looks like a toilet bowl cleaner brush :rofl: still love that wig though
i'm happy for an ~Only Girl~(plus CC ^_^) video from her since i watch her videos to see her, not so much all the extra stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->