Lady Gaga (July 2011 - May 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iz8az5.gif

The 20 Youngest Power Women of 2011

Today, Forbes releases its annual list of the world’s 100 most powerful women, a ranking that spans countries, industries and spheres of influence. Most interesting, these female leaders range in age from 25 (Lady Gaga) to 85 (Queen Elizabeth II). Although they are concentrated in their 50s, with an average of 54 years under their belts, the 20 youngest on our list prove that power can be attained well before middle age.

The power of youth may be harnessed to gain an edge in certain industries. Entertainer and political activist Lady Gaga, No. 11, is the youngest woman on this year’s list, and is well known for manipulating her appearance in an industry that demands that your body be your brand. Joining her are fellow entertainers 29-year-old singer Beyonce Knowles, No. 18, 31-year-old model Gisele Bundchen, No. 60, and 36-year-old actor Angelina Jolie, No. 29.

Youth also offers an advantage in manipulating technology—a la Gaga’s 12.9 million Twitter followers—and in building it. Google’s 36-year-old Marissa Mayer, No. 42, joined the tech giant as its first female engineer and 20th employee in 1999 and is now VP of all local and location-based products, its next key growth driver. Her Google colleague, 43-year-old advertising exec Susan Wojcicki, No. 16, is another of the power list’s under-50 club. And of course, “Twitter Globetrotter,” 41-year-old Katie Jacobs Stanton, No. 56, climbed to VP of international strategy at one of the world’s most successful tech startups.

Often, early success is simply a manifestation of super-sized drive and ability. Facebook COO, 41-year-old Sheryl Sandberg, who this year shot to No. 5, served as chief of staff for the U.S. Treasury Department under President Bill Clinton when she was in her 20s. Similarly, 46-year-old billionaire and Chinese real-estate chief Zhang Xin, No. 48, cofounded her company SOHO China at age 30. She got her start working in factories by day and attending school at night, eventually earning degrees from the University of Sussex and Cambridge University and working for top companies like Goldman Sachs and Travelers.

While in many fields youth can be an obstacle to overcome—battling bosses, coworkers and clients to be taken seriously—it may also provide a leg up in trend-spotting. HBO president, 42-year-old Sue Naegle, No. 88, was the youngest agent at United Talent Agency to make partner at age 29. While at HBO she has nurtured cultural phenomena like Six Feet Under, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and True Blood.

Forbes.com

2n1uc02.gif

Gif Credit: F**kyeahladygaga

Lady Gaga to Join Tony Bennett, Adele for Amy Winehouse Tribute

the-fame.org

Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett and Adele are expected to pay tribute to the late Amy Winehouse at this Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards, NME reports. The musicians will sing “Body And Soul”, which is Winehouse’s last recording and will be released as the first single from Bennet’s upcoming duets album on September 14th. Proceeds from the sale of the track will go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation.

Winehouse’s father, Mitch, said: “Our family is honoured that the VMAs are giving Amy this wonderful tribute. We know that Amy’s performance of ‘Rehab’ at the MTV Movie Awards played an important part in Amy’s worldwide success.”

Gaga is also set to open the award show with a jaw-dropping performance, which won’t leave fans disappointed. “It will be a continuation of everything I’ve been doing, and it will be exactly what they want,” she promised. “I’m pretty good at knowing what my fans want me to do.”

The 2011 MTV Video Music Awards air on Sunday, August 28th live from Los Angeles. Keep checking back for news, photos and videos and be sure to follow Gaga Daily on Twitter for live updates.

-GGD

Thanks for the links, Boomer. :flower: The Nicola Pop-Up shop sounds interesting, I am more interested however in his 'Barney's collaboration with Gaga that will happen later on this year. B)

^ Yes- Christmas in NYC is a magical time to begin with, and I bet the Gaga shop at Barney's will be the centerpiece this year!! ^_^

Glamour Germany March 2011
glamourgermanymarch2011.jpg

ladygaga.wikia.com

I cannot wait for the Amy Winehouse tribute!!

Lady Gaga @ Atom Factory VMA Dinner in Los Angeles, August 26

celebutopia

Lady Gaga's VMA Performance Inspired By 'Archetypes Of Psychology'

Gaga tells MTV News about the ideas behind Sunday's big show opener.

Lady Gaga has graced many an awards show stage in the past two years, and this Sunday will mark her second performance at the MTV Video Music Awards. But there's one significant difference this year: Gaga's opening the show. Hoping, as always, to keep us guessing, she's has been tight-lipped so far about her highly anticipated appearance, but she did tell MTV News about the rather high-minded inspiration behind it.

"Right now, I'm obsessed with the archetypes of our psychology and all the different people we can become or have become in the past," Gaga said. "Our potential for the future and how do we in our minds sort of compartmentalize our different personalities. So that's something that I'm fascinated with right now. It's almost as if I'm reviewing my life as a play."
So how does all that come into play when coming up with a memorable VMA performance?
"My approach to music and performance is not just about what happens on the stage," Gaga said. "My whole life is a performance, and it's about pushing the boundaries of pop culture and for myself, deciding where the stage begins and ends, not allowing anyone else telling me when or how I can perform. I can perform when I choose."
Balloons? Blood? Jo Calderone? See what Gaga fans are hoping her VMA performance will include.
Gaga is confident that she will deliver what her Little Monsters want on Sunday night, since the creative idea for her set came to her just as fast as the idea behind her bloody 2009 VMA "Paparazzi" performance.
"It came as quickly as the last one did," Gaga said. "Any good performance flows out easily. If I have to think about it too much, something is wrong."
The 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards http://www.mtv.comwill air live Sunday, August 28, from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles at 9 p.m. ET/PT, following the Selena Gomez-hosted pre-show at 8. See the list of nominees, revisit last year's highlights and vote for Best New Artist by visiting VMA.MTV.com.
MTV.COM

Thanks for posting those pictures, catherine88, she looks absolutely stunning!

Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2011

Source: GagaFashionland

lady-gaga-alexandre-vauthier2-550x410.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, figures. She's opening the show and that damn hurricane's gonna knock out my power so I still can't see it.

Yes, but for once I wanted to see it "live." Grrrr... good luck to you on your end! I'm hoping they get it back on quick. Internet addiction and all.

Cable's on! Gaga won her first VMA for Best Video with a Social Message for Born This Way!! :woot:

Me too! I was so excited when I didn't lose it. I feel like I won the lottery because half a million people don't have it. I can't wait for her to perform! :buzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->