Lady Gaga (July 2011 - May 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Gaga going on media hiatus

Lady Gaga plans to take a "very long" break from speaking, or even paying attention to, the media.
Gaga chose to make the announcement of her hiatus to Oprah, in an "Oprah's Next Chapter" interview to air Sunday. The interview also features Gaga's mother, Cynthia Germanotta.
"Other than this interview, Oprah, I do not intend to speak to anyone for a very long time," explains Gaga. "No press, no television."
The eccentric singer added that she has already stopped paying attention to what's written about her.
"Even if my mom calls and says, ‘Did you hear about…’ I shut it all off," she said. "I don’t read a damn thing."
Ever since the singer, whose given name is Stefani Germanotta, appeared on the scene with "Let's Dance" in 2009, it seemed the public could not get enough of her dramatic costumes and outspoken interviews. However, Gaga has slipped from the center of the radar screen in recent months, even as "Born This Way" was nominated for three Grammys.
Gaga's mother admits in the interview that she and Gaga's father didn't know what to make of their daughter's act at first.
Gaga's mother says, "When Gaga started performing -- I think it was at Joe's Pub downtown -- she was in a bikini performing with Lady Starlight. She decided that night to actually light hairspray on fire. A lot of people left, and a lot of people stayed and thought it was cool. Her father said, honestly, 'I think she has a screw loose.'"

NY Post

Lady Gaga going on media hiatus

However, Gaga has slipped from the center of the radar screen in recent months, even as "Born This Way" was nominated for three Grammys.
[/B]

NY Post

i noticed that, too. i wonder what's going on. i mean, there hasn't been any promotion lately and her BTW ball is about to start off. i don't get it.
what's up with you, gagaloo???

^ I wondered the same thing- maybe the most media savvy celeb getting ready to kick off what will no doubt be a record breaking world tour, and she isn't going to do any interviews or TV?? :huh:

Gaga's interview with Oprah last night, was truly fantastic. :flower:

jqme6w.jpg

the-fame.org

Lady Gaga Talks Music, Love, Whitney Houston, More In ‘Oprah’s Next Chapter’ Interview

Lady Gaga doesn’t plan on giving interviews “for a very long time,” but before she takes her hiatus from sit-downs, she opened up like never before in an interview with Oprah Winfrey as part of O’s Next Chapter on OWN last night (March 18).

Gaga invited Oprah home to the New York City apartment she grew up in with her parents and younger sister, and sat down with O to talk about her Born This Way Foundation, how her love of music began, the death of her idol Whitney Houston, being “very happy” in love, being bullied, her feelings of inadequacy, and much more. Gaga’s mother Cynthia also joined in on the discussion to talk about her international pop star daughter.

Link to the interview: http://neonlimelight.com/2012/03/19/video-lady-gaga-oprah-interview/

This media hiatus garbage is cause she's probably busy screwing that Taylor Kinney. She better be planning her tour, she didn't even talk about it in the Oprah interview -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish I could have seen that interview :(

Unsure as to why anyone would think that she would talk about her upcoming tour with Oprah. :blink: Yet while Gaga has expressed that she is very happy in her personal life, she has continued to keep updates about her tour rehearsals via her twitter page. Speaking of which here are a few recent twit pics...

mkbu53.jpg

Have a beautiful day!!

2ufwq6b.jpg

Miss you monsters. About 1 month until tour. Whatdya think of these fake baubles? #DirtCheapPlasticLooksFantastic

2eol3d1.png

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @richysquirrel Rehearsal party! By the time were through with this tour, he may start drinking. xox

LG's Twitter

^ Yes- 26!! Look at all she has accomplished in a couple of short years!! :heart::flower:

^ Indeed, Boomer. It is truly amazing. :flower:

2ppk97b.jpg

the-fame.org

Happy Birthday, Lady Gaga: Pop Superstar Is 26!

You're on the right track, babies, Lady Gaga was born on this day!

Happy birthday to the pop superstar, who, with more than 23 million albums sold and five Grammys, is mighty accomplished for any age, let alone the tender age of 26.

While Gaga—aka Stefani Germanotta from NYC—has carefully crafted an always-on image and cultivated one of the most loyal fan bases in music, she hasn't been devoured by the fame monster.

Instead, she has used her celebrity to advocate for AIDS education and gay rights and, most recently, she launched the Born This Way Foundation to combat bullying and other alienating social constructs that affect young people.

Not to mention, in the past few years she's managed to hatch from a giant egg, wear meat and stuffed frogs, single-handedly support the wig industry, and add at least 12 inches to her slight frame with gravity-defying boots.

Feel free to go all-out for a change on your birthday, Gaga. You've earned it.

Credit: eonline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Why was she hiding her face though?? She never does that... :(

This is so sweet! The best birthday present ever. I love little monsters so much. Thank you so being in my life!

Thank you so much for all your Birthday messages. I'm having a wonderful day! #BornThisDay. 26! To 26 more years of touring with you babes!

I can be, the Queen that's inside of me. You guys are the best.

2z3xbbd.jpg

LG's Twitter

Can't wait to get the details on the show! I'm sure someone will have YouTube clips! :brows:

BREAKING NEWS: Lady Gaga To Wear Giorgio Armani For Born This Way Ball Tour

Exciting news, you guys: Giorgio Armani is designing Lady Gaga's tour wardrobe! Our Armani pals have just informed us that the mega designer has created a number of theatrical looks for the singer’s Born This Way Ball tour, which kicks off in Seoul on April 27th. Yeep!

Have a scroll through the sketches above to see the garments Mr Armani has rustled up for Gagaloo — forget floor-length silk sheaths, this is galactic-tastic! There's a black bodice made of tubular PVC elements connected with metal studs, par exemple, which features mirrored metal inserts for a curvaceous finish. The ensemble is completed by a matching headpiece, robotic thigh-high boots, and exaggerated gloves ending in mirrored nails. HOW AMAZE?

The wacktacular tour suitcase will also include pieces covered in black Swarovski jet crystals and luminous studs, featuring sharp spiked shoulders and topped off by embroidered ankle boots plus — wait for it — a KEYBOARD-SHAPED hat! Please excuse us while we implode with excitement.

'Collaborating with Lady Gaga is always an exciting experience for me. I admire the way she uses fashion as a scenic element and as a means to build a character,' says the lovely Giorgio. 'She is an artist of many talents and great intelligence. Creating stage costumes for her is a stimulating and creative exercise.' As we can see, Mr Armani!

33p8rhj.jpg

5x9an9.jpg

iyle90.jpg

6r62c3.jpg

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashio....htm?slideshow=true&slideImage=0#articletitle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->