L'Officiel Paris March 2011 : Beyonce

fiqary

Reaction score
11021912260821361750563.jpg

The text says: The Fashion magazine is about to celebrate its 90th birthday. To celebrathe this anniversary, the festivities start with the March issue, with Beyoncé on the cover. She agreed to pose for an incredible fashion shoot, with the theme of African Queen, paying a tribute to the legendary Fela Kuti. Far from the glamourous Sasha Fierce, the beauty posed for the magazine with amazing fashion designers clothes, but also in a dress created by her mother. A return to her African roots, as you can see on the picture, on which her face was voluntarily darkened. All the pictures will be available in the collector edition, on sell at the end of this month.

bwboard

Gorgeous! She looks spectacularly amazing in that Gucci piece!

niice tho i wish they had used more colourful African fabrics, they would have looked awesome on her tone

Beyoncé looks good but I'm afraid people or the press will jump on her "blackface" photo but I love them both :smile:

african roots? isnt she creolean?

Not that it's relevant anymore but Creole people are also of African decent.

Beyonce looks great but somehow I don't find her very fitting to celebrate L'Officiel's 90th anniversary.

Though she is an incredible performer she can never bring half of that momentum into a picture, in my opinion, and that is certainly proved here. She always looks just helpless (as in the blackface picture) On a more positive note, the designs by her mother look nice.

Not that it's relevant anymore but Creole people are also of African decent.

Beyonce looks great but somehow I don't find her very fitting to celebrate L'Officiel's 90th anniversary.

Thanks for the creole comment Mikel, and I agree with you 100% :-)
Give the covers back to models !!!

@ Bertrando3: True dear, let's not make it a race debate but I must say I am a little bothered by "A return to her African roots, as you can see on the picture, on which her face was voluntarily darkened." Quite ignorant if you ask me... a dark face does not equal Africa. haha Black people come in very different shades and not just in the US ! Though the media is promoting her like someone she is clearly not, Beyonce is still a black woman without having her face ridiculously painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
^yes i thought it was peculiar thats why i brought it up.. her roots arent neccesarily limited to africa, and its shady how they placed "voluntarily" darkened her complexion asif to shift responsbility. If Nicole Kidman or Angelina Jolie were on the cover, would they say a return to thier "anglo-saxon" roots with gladiator-knee-high boots and a thiery mugler bustier? no...

@ Eccentricity: Your comment is so on point. Ha !
Curious to see the spread though, the outfits look great indeed.

I hate the fact that her boobs look squished in those photos...but she looks great

niice tho i wish they had used more colourful African fabrics, they would have looked awesome on her tone

Only two pics have been released so far, so there's hope for colourful African fabrics.

*sigh* because this "blackface" thing in fashion i just so offensive, particularly when she already partly african-american. it kind of appalling. They cast the wrong celebrity. If they wanted to go this whole route i would suggest Kerry Washington or Zoe Saldana, and/or Jourdann Dunn, Seislee Lopez and Arlenis Sosa. Even Noami on her own would be more apt/fitting. Beyonce looks out of place, its part vixen, part laced in trepidation, and i dont see Fela Kuti in the clothes.

her boobs have no form.is like they start from the neck and dont end until where the waist start.weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->