L'Officiel Paris March 2011 : Beyonce

why didn't they just use a supermodel liya, iman or alek would have been more appealing to celebrate their 90th, i just get nothing from beyonce. they obviously just want publicity good or bad (i'm assuming there will be more of the latter) full stop by painting her face a darker shade. shameful/stupid both the magaine/beyonce imo!

The use of black face was stupid and my guess is that they are being provovative for the sake of being provocative and I don't care if the get hammered for it, not so much for being offensive or racially insensitive but for being craven and idiotic attention seekers. The ed looked like it was going in an amazing Follies-Bergère direction (fantastic clothes, hair and makeup on point and Beyonce werkin' it) and they screwed it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that African style photo, but she looks too Kim K on that cover!

Just wanted to point out that this isn't blackface.

she looks...cool, but i think they should have used a black supermodel or even a model.

i change my mind LOL i think this shoot is beautiful and beyonce is so iconic and stunning i love the textures and the metallic jewel tones against her skin

I dont think we should use the word 'blackface' it is not as innocent as it sounds. That said I loove the rest of the shots in the YT video..pretty awesome! Plus face painting is a very African thing to do so I dont think there's anything wrong here.

complexmedia

beyonce-in-black-face1.jpg

can't wait to see more

she looks absolutely smashing in the video. hopefully she can manage to translate that in her spread.

finally a better image of the cover, and I must say, it's not that bad except for that gold lipstick. although I agree with those of you who said that an actual model could have pulled this off so much better (cough cough Anais Mali - who is actually french!). And I really don't get Beyonce being on the cover of their 90th anniversary issue, but whatevs. From the video they might actually have a good editorial depending on what shots make the final cut. It looks like they squeezed her into one of those Dolce corsets which looks insanely hot and I really like the styling for this shot

beyoncemag.png

my screencap/youtube

i actually think she's perfect for this shoot than a model, African women are normally volumptuous and she does capture that essence in many of the looks from the ed

this is a bad time for beyonce to have her skin darkened for a shoot as she has recently been accused of whitening her skin.

if l'officiel took advantage of the rumours...then thats horrible. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->