L'Officiel Paris March 2011 : Beyonce

She probably agreed to do it for that very reason.

^I'm pretty sure this was shoot before the rumors even started. lol

Really? I've been hearing rumours about her whitening her skin for years...

Well, I only heard the rumors last week. But I don't think it is because of that.

beyonce-paris-magazine.jpg

Source: Ology.com

From the article... "Does Beyonce's black face make you mad ?" There is also an alledged comment from L'Officiel magazine click here to read

Below is a comment from clutchmagonline.com

You know whats funny? the fact that people are “outraged” at this still shows that people are not comfortable with dark skinned tones. Blackface was meant to demean and insult black people by making them reject and hate their own skin. This was supposed to be shown as a beautiful piece of work to highlight how beautiful these shades of skin color can be. instead it was turned into something negative by the press and its a shame. no one took the time to think about the fact this was a positive shoot in honor of a person of color. and instead of sticking to one skin tone, it tried to show another. not in a demeaning way, not in a mocking way, but in a positive and uplifting way. think for yourselves people. try and see something other than the view of the author and the media.

Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Model: Beyonce
Photographer: ?

002.jpg

003.jpg

normal_004.jpg

normal_005.jpg

normal_006.jpg

source: Beyonceworld

Here is the rest of the spread guys. You be the judge ! ;-)

same source as Rotex

normal_007.jpg
normal_008.jpg
normal_009.jpg
normal_010.jpg
normal_011.jpg
normal_012.jpg
normal_013.jpg
014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the shoot! to me the photoshoot was Inspired by Africa where we never had black face thus have no issue with face painting. Am not trying to be insensitive but Africa is a large continent represented by people of different skin tones, cultures and different symbols of beauty. Lets not make this black face coz its not, its just part of our culture which involves face painting. People are letting the tabloid media misquote and isdirect them which is important for their sales.
http://www.face-painting-fun.com/cultural-face-painting.html

Also whoever said that she darkened her face to look more African is obviously misdirected. The potoshoot is not only of her darkened but also in her natural skin tone and also one that appears to be lighter which would perfectly represent the people of North Africa

Beyonce at her best! I missed this woman

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->