Los Angeles Street Style

i need to go back to LA...I'm stuck in Riverside,,ahhhhhh! lol..
I think that's a good/true assumption spacemiu, very naturesque =) ...I own no car...I hop buses and trains ;D

Yep nature...cept people still look fashionable then. I hike up by the observatory trail in Griffith Park because I like the view at "Dantes View" for picnics and all I see are trophy wives jogging in hot lil exercise outfits :ninja:

:lol: My brother and I were impersonating this one lady with big silicons that passed us by.

Theres still some lazy Angelenos though. To get our gang of gays up there..we had to lie and said it was a walk to a picnic spot...not a short hike....they hear hike and they scatter. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Los Angeles and Love it. But I have to say that to define the entire city of Los Angeles' street style is virtually impossible (IMO). The reason being is that LA is so vast. There are sooooo many different cities within LA that have their own vibe. For example, you will see different looks between Silverlake and Beverly Hills, or Los Angeles (between Vermont & Manchester Avenues) and Los Angeles (between Sunset Blvd & Hollywod Blvds)..but those cities are within the "Los Angeles" limits.

It's just too complicated...so that is probably why there wasn't a thread. I figured there wouldn't be....and I live here. :smile:

^ Hrrrm...maybe since its a bit hard to find some La streetstyle online, except it seems the scene style via thecobrasnake.com, maybe us Angeleno members can help out? :unsure: Maybe snap some pics during a day out...or even maybe of ourselves.

This weekend I know I will be out and taking pictures since I got visitors and my birthday so hopefully I'll find some hot style on the way. :wink: Still, is it illegal if I just snap pictures of people? :unsure: Japanese tourist snap pictures of people all the time. :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's not illegal and you aren't using them for commercial purposes. Plus how the hell will they know you are taking a pic of them? Maybe you are just taking a pic of something random? :lol:

Anyway, I have a bit of a soft spot for LA (well the nice parts, anyway :lol:) so great to see this thread

Hmm...

I live in the valley and I agree with whoever said that there are definite fashion borders between LA cities. Still, I think that it's the younger girls(ala Mary-Kate) who really rule LA street style, whereas in other cities, it's the slightly older twenty-somethings. IMHO.

There's alot of boho going on here, but that's happening everywhere. I think the style that's most unique to Los Angeles would probably be the imitation-celebrity look. I guess that makes sense since we DO live in the tabloid capital of the USA. There's tons of Nicole Richie/Paris Hilton/Mary-Kate wannabes everywhere, but I feel like nobody pulls it off quite as well as the Angelenos do. That might be because there's a lot of industry babies around here. Lots of kids of celebrities, and plenty of plain old rich kids.

I'll try to post pictures soon...

Okay, here's a few examples of what I feel is dominant in LA street style. Sorry there's not TOO much variety, but I can only speak for what I know..and these are all friends or acquaintances.

You'll see alot of celeb inspired pieces- the infamous balenciaga motorcycle bag, the heavy layering of jewelery, the huge sunglasses, etc.
thegirls.jpg

220872173_l.jpg
144721252_l.jpg

298269758_l.jpg

279783761_l.jpg

205890246_l.jpg

DSCF1773.jpg

48135495_l.jpg

Maybe not the most outrageous or creative as far as street styles go, but I think it's fabulous.

I was in L.A in May and I LOVED it!!! Unfortunately I didnt see anyone looking as good as the people in the previous pictures....maybe I was in the wrong areas...:blink:

Love that second to last shot. The clothes and the way they are posed. Thanks for all the photos. it is very celeb-inspired, or maybe this is where the celebs find their inspiration?

Meg said:
It is very celeb-inspired, or maybe this is where the celebs find their inspiration?

I think alot of the things that celebrities wear, and then get massivly trendy, are things that are allready trendy around LA. Like the 'boho' look for instance.
Of coarse there are plenty of celebrity followers, like any where ells.

You mean the weather? :lol: You sure can't tell from what she's wearing ... I know.

I can tell you it's warm ... the sun is shining in the background. It's simple in L.A. ... sunshine means it's warm or hot. Cloudy means it's chilly. It never gets cold.

The Uggs (or whatever brand) and the mini are just a " look" that has been around here for a long time.

i live in redondo/manhattan beach (la suburbs) and around here its a mix of surfer chic, overprocessed blondes(which i am sick of), trendoids and hipsters. sometimes i swear that i'm the only girl in manhattan that doesn't own a pair of sevens. i prefer cheaper, vintagy jeans myself.

and if anyone runs into me and wants to take a pic of my outfit, i'd be happy to oblige.

^ wow that actually sounds like OC...

but I love OC

And I LOVE LA!

Thanks for all the pics guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"