Louis Vuitton F/W 08.09 : Eva Herzigova by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

:woot: I like it! No more studio shots!

^^ I'm glad they aren't. I get tired of those ads with a gazillion girls peppered all over the pages.

I haven't liked LV ads for the last few seasons (so I haven't bought anything of theirs in years) but these new ads...look promising!

It looks pomising ..Actually , Marc Jacobs is good at color-collocating...And i like those head pieces ....quite amazing..

I need to see more before judging, especially since the ad is for nothing more than the bag, which is a shame since the clothes far surpassed the bags this season imo.

With how much I loved the collection, I have high expectations for the campaign.

some info about the shoot from WWD.com

Vuitton, which tapped Jennifer Lopez for its ads in 2003, has flipped between celebrities like Uma Thurman and Scarlett Johansson and modeling greats including Campbell, Bündchen and Herzigova, who this season strikes heroic poses in front of the Unisphere, the steel globe in Flushing Meadows Park in New York, site of the 1964 World's Fair. Antoine Arnault, Vuitton's director of communications, said a "familiar face" — whether model or actress — is vital to stop readers from flicking past an ad. But equally important for a fashion brand is change every season, which depends on the instincts of Vuitton artistic director Marc Jacobs, who mined the Eighties for his latest catwalk collection. "I personally think working with celebrities is a real plus," said Arnault, citing a deluge of media coverage as one advantage. However, Vuitton clearly believes in iconic models, too, draping six of them on muscle cars last season to promote its collaboration on leather goods with artist Richard Prince.
"In the last campaign, we though Eva's two pictures were really stunning," Arnault said. "She's a stunningly beautiful 35-year-old woman."
With experienced models, he added, "there's more depth. These ones have soul."

^ Intresting, thank you :smile: :flower:

Looks better than previous campaigns so far with one photo :P Definitely promising!!

It was shot at the unisphere? That's a pretty unexpected, though wonderful, location.

Oooooooo very nice!
I am picturing a very industrial and architectural venue to matches the clothing.
Some of the red pieces from the collection are gonna look great up against that over saturated blue sky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->