Louis Vuitton F/W 10.11 : Christy, Karen, & Natalia by Steven Meisel

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
zUMTV.jpg
2Sqqy.jpg

PG5Co.jpg

THREE’S COMPANY: Typically, Marc Jacobs gives his collections for Louis Vuitton a different spin in advertising versus the runway. For the forthcoming fall campaign, slated to break in a wide range of August titles, Christy Turlington, Karen Elson and Natalia Vodianova are shown preening in front of old-fashioned makeup mirrors backstage, as if they were ready to take a stroll around the fountain of the Louvre’s Cour Carré, the setting for Vuitton’s show during Paris Fashion Week in March. Ditto for the multigenerational casting — one model in her 20s, one her 30s, one her 40s — adding up to one of the most sophisticated Vuitton fashion campaigns to date, according to Antoine Arnault, Vuitton’s director of communications.

“The atmosphere was very Fifties, very elegant,” he related. This is the fourth Vuitton campaign shot by Steven Meisel, who constructed the period set in a New York studio.

Arnault described the media spend as “flat” and said it would remain print driven, running in tandem with the company’s “Core Values” campaign. The latest one, depicting Pelé, Diego Maradona and Zinedine Zidane playing foosball in a Madrid cafe, will continue to run through the World Cup tournament and into the fall. In light of the disgraced French team, Arnault expressed relief that Vuitton did not opt to cast today’s soccer stars. “We made the right choice to work with legends and not spoiled brats,” he said.

wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, love Natalia in these. :heart:

Love the casting (they all look stunning) but I'm a little under whelmed by the pictures and the setting.

omg i love it so unexpectedly! :D i hated this collection but this is gorgeous.

Surprisingly, I'm completely sold to this! I'm downright astonished considering I like neither the clothes nor the cast, but as a whole it's well executed, hence my enthusiasm. Such a major step up from the latest Vuitton campaigns!
ETA : LMAO @ Arnault's words about the French football team -_-

I just love how different it is from what I was expecting.

Natalia looks amazing. Well, in all fairness, all three look great.

Wow, this is not what I was expecting. Natalia, Christy and Karen compliment each other beyond belief.
The setting is gorgeous, everything just meshes well together. It's extremely beautiful, bravo Meisel.

My favorite campaign so far, it looks absolutely amazing, they all look great. Thanks Flashbang.

This reminds me of a Harper's Bazaar ed shot by Karl Lagerfeld that had Jessica Stam, Hilary and others.

Nevertheless, this is one of LV campaigns I fall back in love again after putting major disappointments last couple seasons. The collection is sublime and divine, the cast is supper dope and the whole ads is just right amount of sophistication and elegance. But, for m, Natalia really steals the scene.

Absolutely amazing! Three beautiful women in beautiful clothes in one ad!

OMG!!! :yuk::yuk: Great cast stupid photos this are baad , old cheap, this idea are used many times for me the worst campaig for the moment i hate seriusly i hate so much M+M pleaseee back Meisel no have the LV Felling:sick:

I love the luxurious feel to this campaign! The casting is amazing of course, for me Natalia really stood out, especially in the third photo my eye immediately goes to her!

looks like an ed in vogue us....
but i like it :smile:

I think Karen suits the campaign very well, the clothes and the bang, so lovely
for Christy, she looks too old to wear these clothes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->