Louis Vuitton F/W 2014.15 Paris

^ Maybe a little bit too tame bordering on boring.
If Hedi did this for Saint Laurent, people wouldve called it generic and not luxurious enough.

But then I bet some of the stuff has hanger appeal therefore sells well.

I was kind of shocked at how stripped back the set was considering Marc's past grand shows. The clothes were sharp and beautifully cut. Overall, it felt like a breath of fresh air and completely different mood for Louis Vuitton. I loved the nod to the 60s with those skirts and dresses. All in all, it was a solid debut that definitely gets me excited about the future of the label with Nicolas at the helm.

I liked this! Cool and posh. It's all in the beauty of the details.
I agree some of the models were...hmm... Oh well.

To be honest, I was expecting something more adventurous from him. However, knowing that there was a similar start when he was a Balenciaga, makes me excited for how he's gonna shape the house in the future.

Good exercise on wearability for a runway presentation (more than needed these days). Reminded me of that organic feel of his early years at Balenciaga.

I think it's too soon to judge the direction he'll take solely on one show but if it's like this, I'm definitely interested to see what's coming.

Soundtrack and casting should be reconsidered though :ermm:

From what I've seen so far, I LOVE this collection! Unlike Marc's previous collections (well, most of them), this collection is very easy for people to wear. Very Parisian and effortlessly chic. Well done! :heart:

This is definitely a palette cleanser for LV, with Ghesquière essentially letting his signature sink in. I love it and I'm so glad to see his fresh vision for this brand.

at least we know what the collection he would do in Balenciaga, but for Louis Vuitton! Great Collection^_^

Thank God the bags didn't overshadow the clothes. I thought it was entirely wearable, somewhat referential to shades of Miu Miu and past Balenciaga, but I loved the last few leather dresses with the lower tweed panels, and some of those belted dresses, plus those boots were killer. Overall a successful collection

Overwhelming, second those who said "finally some good runway shoes" and I'm totally in love with the "fluffy" wallets and the leather dresses and also I liked the atmosphere and the runway path, although less outstanding than previous LV ones

how an awesome reappearance, I'm definitely glad to see Nicolas again, am I the only one who became emotive when he appeared? I felt like the people there applauding were emotive too :flower:

Soundtrack and casting should be reconsidered though :ermm:
I totally agree with you. :ninja:

how an awesome reappearance, I'm definitely glad to see Nicolas again, am I the only one who became emotive when he appeared? I felt like the people there applauding were emotive too :flower:
I was really happy to see him too. So glad he's back!

Last edited by a moderator:
First off the music....yes copy cats I'm back, get ready to take notes..lol.....#openwithshade :cool:

Loved the collection, beautiful debut collection. My only disappointment was the bags (which i don't know how much he had to do with). Accessories are the bread and butter of LV and I was hoping for something more exciting or at least more substantial.

Its nice to see a collection thats not overwrought for the sake of adding useless details. This feels very fresh and now. The dresses, coats, fabrics and bags were very thoughtful and cohesive. I especially loved the bags with one strap. Wonderful debut from Nicolas! :clap:

Also, the shade thrown at the industry in the opening song ("Copycat") was not lost on me. :lol:

Bland. I guess ultimately that's what commercial is isn't it, bland and safe. You could easily slap on any current label and it wouldn't skip a beat. One thing is inescapably missing here - Lux. Just doesn't have it

Incredibly underwhelming, the whole show happened and I felt neither excitement or complete repulsion - there are some looks in the second half that came close. It was a valiant effort to push RTW for a house so known for its accesories, but that is the identity it will always have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlierincs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->