Lula F/W 10.11 : Charlotte Gainsbourg by Nan Goldin

littlebanana

Reaction score

source | thestylenotebook via edithandbob

From Dazed Digital:

Sugar and spice and everything nice: that`s what Lula girls are made of. The sugariest and spiciest of all is Leith Clark, editor-in-chief and stylist on the side. Clark didn`t mean to start a magazine, exactly. She says she just wanted something to show her grandkids. But Lula took on a life—and an ever-growing, never-growing-up audience—of its own. This year it turned five. It`s been a happy birthday: Clark says the new issue, with Charlotte Gainsbourg on the cover, is the most financially successful yet.
(rest of the article is here)

So apparently it's Charlotte, not Lou. Still awesome (and I was close!) However, I'm not really sure I understand how Leith can be claiming the new issue as "the most financially successful yet" seeing as it hasn't come out yet...unless she means that in terms of advertisers?

Update November 26th

source | scanned by fearless123

Full Review

Last edited by a moderator:
^hah...I'm a Charlotte fan and I didn't even recognize her!
At least this means it's probably going to come out soon (for real this time).

I cannot wait for the issue to come out. Its hard to tell from the image how the cover looks but so far I think its going to be amazing!

That looks like a lovely cover though a larger pic has to come out to judge.

I can't help but think "Huh a thread? There's'no need to open a thread, it's NEVER going to be on sale"
See what you've done Leith? :smile:
Let's go step by step and hope for a bigger picture to surface soon

I've never understood the appeal of Charlotte, but I am curious as to what the contents are going to be like. They better be good... :shifty:

At last!! Can't wait to see the contents!

Oh Yeah, it better be breathtaking...
Am I the only one who feels a Gothic/Romantic vibe?

From Newsstand's Twitter page:

Here's to hoping the elusive Lula magazine will be delivered this week ("due" 30th). We've started a book and I've gone for Tues 2nd Nov.
about 22 hours ago via web

twitter.com/Newsstand_UK

We're with you guys :innocent:

I'm sure that now there is a cover it shouldn't be too long..
Very excited about Charlotte Gainsbourg being on the cover, I would never have taken her for the typical 'Lula girl' for some reason

Looking forward to seeing a bigger image of the cover.

well i can't wait for two years to pass so i can finally see this in person :P

cant wait to see the cover in better quality. so happy for charlotte, she is amazing, so good to see her on the cover of lula :heart:

The cover looks beautiful in the small picture. I'm looking forward so much to see a bigger version.

when does it come out then? i didn't see it in london yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->