Makeup Brushes

I put foundation on my hand and dip the brush in, dab that all over my face and then start blending it all together by swirling and buffing until it's all smooth. I like using 187 compared to flat foundation brushes because you can blend more easily and you don't get streaks. However, in my experience it works better with a cream foundation as opposed to liquid and you have to keep it clean because it can get almost clogged up with product and that makes it harder to get a smooth finish. I don't think I use enough foundation to really get the benefits of this brush, but I probably wouldn't use anything else to apply foundation :flower:

I have the MAC 182 brush, I don't think it's that good tbh, mind you I haven't really used it properly for applying my mineral foundation, I should give it a try really else it was just a waste of money.

Eli5e I have a dupe of the 187 and just wandering how you apply it? I've watched a few vids on Youtube but can't seem to get a flawless finish?
I don't have the 182-just the 181-but I absolutely love it, and it's not just for mineral foundation. I use it for things such as the Beauty Powders (the pressed ones) or something like a Sheer Mystery powder-something that is very low shimmer, but meant for all over the face. Also you can use it in very small circles to buff out a harsher blush, like Devil or Azalea.

The way that I use my 187 is by first dabbing foundation (i use MUFE HD) onto my face, and then i "stipple" it, or dab it using the brush to cover my face, and then i start buffing it in CIRCULAR motions so it's very well blended. when i buff it, it seems to work better if i hold the brush near the end, not so close to the ferrule so that i can have a more "natural" and flawless look (if that makes sense). i don't know how to describe it, but when i hold it close to the bristles, i end up w/ a more harshly applied look, similar to what a sponge might do, but this is all in my own opinion.

i've seen videos and tutorials at the MAC counter where people pump out some foundation onto the back of their hands, and stipple it on from their hands, similar to a palette.

i think it works great for liquid foundations, and the only creams that i have used it for is concealer. it does a terrific job in buffing in the concealer, a look that wouldn't be achieved just by using a concealer brush or your fingers. i have also tried it with the Smashbox O Glow (after seeing that on youtube :wink:), and it just blends in perfectly after i buff it in circular motions.

i really want to invest in a separate brush for the blush though, preferably the smaller 188 brush, but we'll see. ^_^ this is a terrific brush that does a great job in blending for a "natural" application. i have not used it for any powders though.

Thanks for the tips guys :smile:

I've done my foundation like you said and it does look better, I only used a cheapie one though just incase it didn't look right and I'd have to wash it off again.

You can also use the skunk/stippling brush for very pigmented blushes or highlighters...It makes it looks so much better because it really buffs into the skin giving you that "glow from within" look.

today I bought Prescriptives Buff Brush to use with my Elizabeth Arden mineral powder...

_5636907.jpg

beautyaddict1one1.blogspot.com

So, how often do you guys wash or clean your brushes? And is it enough to just wash them with water + soap? Or should I simply buy a new one? :huh: Because I'm really not fond of using a (more or less) dirty brush on my skin...

I try to wash everything at least once a week, but sometimes my foundation brush twice a week. You could probably wash powder brushes less often but they apply colour better when they're clean - the foundation brush needs it more often because its dirtier quicker & more germs. I use baby shampoo to wash mine and get all the product out and then use a proper brush cleaner as well - you don't need to do both, one or the other is fine but I feel shampoo gives a more thorough clean.

^ I see, thanks for sharing :flower: Will defenitely try the baby shampoo - I already thought about that, as it doesn't have too many fancy ingredients that could do any harm to my skin.

I use a Laura Mercier Concealer Brush and 'Secret Camouflage Powder" brush, a MAC 188, Dior blush brush, nars smudge brush 15, a MAC eye brush I forgot the number of and a benefit bronzer brush

I only use some cheap no-name brushes and two from MAC, the 187 and the 239, and I clean them about 3 times a month, also with baby shampoo.

I use my daughter's baby shampoo to clean my brushes every 1-2 weeks.

I foolishly washed my 187 dupe with normal shampoo and now it's gone fluffy :( think it's ruined.

I love MAC and Sephora. I have found my MAC last longer . Of course they all lost longer when I clean them! I get lazy though! :smile:

Has any of you ever tried the Sigma Makeup brushes? I always hear complimentary comments about them.

i've read some good things about shue brushes, I m interested in buying a blush brush of them to start, can anyone help out which ones of their blush brushes are good (codes/letters/numbers)?

I have the Shiseido powder brush and it is so good

I have a hard time finding good brushes since my skin gets easily irritaded but this is really gentle and soft on your skin

Smashbox also has great brushes, I think they're made of pony hair and they're also very soft

does anyone know where I can order shu brushes online? no one has them :( in stores

anyone with experience on chanel or shiseido blush brushes? which brush do you recommend of them? they were not in store but they could order them if I knew the exact names of the brush and since they have a lot :smile: ?

^ I haven't tried Shiseido blush brushes, but I own a couple from Chanel. I highly recommend them. They're soft, long-lasting and do not shed.

You can purchase Shu Uemura brushes here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->