Makeup Brushes

I used th4e foundation brush from sephora that I bought last week for the first time today. It worked lovely and now I look oh-so-flawless :wub:

hi all
silly question but...what's the advantage of using a foundation brush compared to just applying with fingertips? i know it's less messy but i've always thought that using your (clean) fingertips to apply foundation is more ideal than via brush since the foundation "melts" into your skin better due to the warmth of your hands...am i wrong? i'd love some advice! :smile:

hi all
silly question but...what's the advantage of using a foundation brush compared to just applying with fingertips? i know it's less messy but i've always thought that using your (clean) fingertips to apply foundation is more ideal than via brush since the foundation "melts" into your skin better due to the warmth of your hands...am i wrong? i'd love some advice! :smile:

You are right about the warmth of your fingers, but your fingers can carry bacterias or natural oils and clog your pores. Using a brush gives the foundation a more even application, the finish on the face is more dramatic and smooth, yet natural.

nice sell and good points :smile: now to invest in a good foundation brush :D

How do you guys go about cleaning your brushes? (I apologize if this has already been addressed in this thread.) Is there any way to do it at home with shampoo or something without ruining them? Or is buying brush cleanser mandatory?

Which Shu uemura brushes do you guys recommend? I want to start using a smashbox creme liquid eyeliner and was thinking of going with the shu uemura natural brush 4F, any good? Also what is best for foundation or concealour? thanks!:wink:

Which Shu uemura brushes do you guys recommend? I want to start using a smashbox creme liquid eyeliner and was thinking of going with the shu uemura natural brush 4F, any good? Also what is best for foundation or concealour? thanks!:wink:

I do not know about SHU brushes, but smashbox themself sells awesome brushes. They have a cream liner brush which works great. The best foundation brush is by Lancome, but smashbox is almost as good. Smashbox's concealer brush is good too.

I have a Shu 20B brush (powder) and 20 (cheeks). I am completely in love with the 20 (so soft!!!), but the 20B is a little rough. anyone else think so?

Any suggestions for a good powder brush? I'm thinking of getting MAC 187 brush (my sister has it), but looking for other suggestions as well.

My powder brush is getting kinda old and starting to fall apart. It is a synthetic one from CVS and it was great the first few years I had it but now, well, not so much. I was eyeing the powder brush from MAC. Is it worth the 52 bucks they charge for it?

^^I heard it's especially good if you have a heavy hand and it's the perfect brush for everything (mineral make up, powder, blush). I used it once and it's super soft.

I'm thinking about a Trish McEvoy powder brush. Some people have told me it's heavenly...

NOOOOOOO! My Fave brushes are the foundation brush that was on sale for 12 dollars at sephora.... (lol i dunno, i got in while in manhattan the other day...not sure if it's for sale on website *just checked* it is!) it's a pretty awesome tool, and very soft, i just clean it with soap untill the water runs clear....i also use nars powder brush, bronzer brush and concealor brush, all of which i've had for over 3 years and still feel the same.....steer clear from bare minerals brushes...they're scary. Oh! and i have a chanel powder brush, but for some reason when i use it i just don't get the "chanel" feeling...yah know? anyway. So yah! Shu's brushes are supposed to be god's gift to mankind, however, untill i have my own job that i can spend my month's paycheck on makeup brushes, then i have to wait on those babies.

any other questions? :P

^Oh god! I love that sephora foundation brush too! I FREAKING LOVE IT! I actually went back the other day to buy a second one, but they were sold out :(

Anyone recommend the MAC 187 brush?

Yes! It's for light powder application, but I use it for all kinds of stuff. Sometimes just to dust off excess powder, lightly blend blush, or get it wet to "melt" and blend foundation. And it's soo soft. It's the only powder brush I use regularly. I also like the #188 for blush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->