Marc Jacobs F/W 09.10 New York

Tacky but true

While some designers pay homage to a period past in fashion Jacobs plays it safe and knocks it off to the t. Rather than nuances he goes the full tilt and just remakes pieces you could find in any thrift store. I will never understand the fascination with this designer and his complete lack of creativity and most importantly blatantly ripping off periods or certain designers. I do love the hair and makeup and I myself love the 80's but why get it new when you can go to any Goodwill or Salvation Army and buy it.

My first thought is that it looks like fun, I like hair and make-up, but I can't say I like the clothes, there are some nice single pieces but that's it and I'm not liking fluorescent colors... I think it might look good in eds though.

the 80's...optimistic?

Overindulgent yes, but certainly not optimistic.

Overall, I only like a few pieces here and there. The shoulders bother me because they seem to be severely exaggerated without a purpose. At least when McQueen or Margiela do it, it looks sleek and sexy.

I don't really know what to think of this?

Pulling the collection apart.
The vintage print half-bias skirts are very nice.
I also think the neon ponchos with the black 'outlining' are fun.
I loved the hoodie with the black fur.

One piece actually spoke Rene Magritte to me - the piece where the scarf went under the collar of the shirt and had zips all over the skirt - I felt rather surreal. I like that.

Wait a week or two and I'll've formed a better opinion.

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

Source: Style.com

While some designers pay homage to a period past in fashion Jacobs plays it safe and knocks it off to the t. Rather than nuances he goes the full tilt and just remakes pieces you could find in any thrift store. I will never understand the fascination with this designer and his complete lack of creativity and most importantly blatantly ripping off periods or certain designers. I do love the hair and makeup and I myself love the 80's but why get it new when you can go to any Goodwill or Salvation Army and buy it.

agreed 100%!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takezo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->