Marc Jacobs F/W 09.10 New York

He has become a celebrity so much and look what his collections turned into anymore. He is doing this to get the attention :innocent:

^ I think there are many things that you can accuse this collection of, but being a desperate ploy for attention really isn't one of them. Regardless of how tacky, ugly, or kitschy it is, I think it's pretty plain that Marc did this because he loved it and didn't really care what anyone had to say about it.

As opposed to a lot of the 80's inspired fashion that's been going around lately, I think this was honestly nostalgic.

I'm not usually a Marc Jacobs fan,i.e I have never like any of his collections but I really like this. It's playful and I wish we could see the shoes more closely

A constant hit and misses marc's collections always has been personally, I thought that this looks really bad in taste, execution, and styling.
But nonetheless, we'll probably see them soon on almost all the covers of the magazines.

Let's see what's in store for us over at Vuitton shall we? :smile:

i like it! indeed, SO 80s! and i was shocked too when i was viewing this collection at style.com, bright colors for fall season. :wink: i love stam's and snejana's outfit. so wearable! and lara's dress, wow! :smile:

^Already one of my favourites. The first I liked this season...

i like the collection as a whole but I see some mistakes. My favourite pieces are the stockings.

I agree with you that he has become a celebrity by himself and that he has lost his initial revolutionary appeal. he's like to focus on doing trendy things with his signature but nothing extremenly new or out of his usual design. he also relies a lot in the styling. part of the succes of the collection is in the hands of a stylist.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only things i find horrible about this are:

-shoulder pads. my mom wore such huge shoulder pads back in the days, i'm still not over it
-some of those prints. pukey pukey...

the neon colors appeal to the part of my brain which was saturated by all that black and gray.

it's fun, but my question is.... how and what of this will translate to Vuitton?

This collection is still growing on me but I can say that I love it. Marc never disappoints me... That fluorescent pink is horrible, but the rest of the collection is amazing. I can't wait to see it on mags because the outfits might look better in editorials...
Now I want to see LV :heart:

Thank you so much for the HQs. I was quite curious as to what Amanda Laine's skirt and Anna S.'s dress were made of and now I see they are little circular mirrors.

I have to say, the more I have looked at this collection and thought about it, the more I like it. When you take the individual pieces out of context and out of the mega 80s styling they are actually lovely and not too over-the-top. Sure, some of the dresses at the end are a little too much, but that isn't anything new with Marc Jacobs. I especially remember s/s 05 I think that had ridiculous closing pieces.

I think his comments about the recession and wanting to have fun definitely are reflected in the collection. Even if you are laughing at the collection, at least you are laughing and having a good time.

i really hope this is not what people thought siouxsie dressed like. she was a helluva lot more original than this rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takezo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->