Marc Jacobs F/W 09.10 New York

00730m.jpg
00740m.jpg

00750m.jpg
00760m.jpg

00770m.jpg
00780m.jpg

Source: Style.com

The skirt details in the past 2 posts are beautiful,individually I don't think very '80s' at all. I love the ribbons on the shoes but not really the shoes themselves

Overall it's a little too much,but they are some nice pieces for example Bruna's outfit.I also wonder what music was used for the show.

I guess...my biggest problem with this collection is that none of it feels particularly designed. Most of this looks like pieces from the 1980's that already exist and can still be found in thrift shops across America.

Marc Jacobs is usually so good at mixing diverse and varied points of inspiration into something entirely un-referential. This however, feels more than referenced...it looks entirely copied from clothes of the period.

While some designers pay homage to a period past in fashion Jacobs plays it safe and knocks it off to the t. Rather than nuances he goes the full tilt and just remakes pieces you could find in any thrift store. I will never understand the fascination with this designer and his complete lack of creativity and most importantly blatantly ripping off periods or certain designers. I do love the hair and makeup and I myself love the 80's but why get it new when you can go to any Goodwill or Salvation Army and buy it.

a-men !
:mohawk:

I saw this quote on coutorture.com from Nicole Phelps about the collection.. I thought it was interesting, and gave good insight...

Maybe it was the recent Stephen Sprouse project he completed at Louis Vuitton, or perhaps it's the fact that he now lives in Paris full time, but his Fall show was a big, juicy nostalgic kiss to a city that doesn't really exist anymore.
Collection Review, Nicole Phelps for Style.com

coutorture.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolinaRRG9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->