Miu Miu F/W 2022.23 Paris

A few thoughts about this collection.
1. I'd cry for Miu Miu menswear so that was a highlight for me.
2. Terrible casting, I can't get over how odd most of the models looks.
3. They're clearly still trying to ride on the success of their last collection which is interesting but not surprising. I mean let's see how long this micro trend will last.

I don't mind the rehashed ideas but some styling (who styled this btw?) choices come off too sloppy to me. Also, flat shoes are not Miuccia's strength. Can't remember the last time I saw a good pair of them from both Miu Miu and Prada collections.

I don't mind the rehashed ideas but some styling (who styled this btw?) choices come off too sloppy to me. Also, flat shoes are not Miuccia's strength. Can't remember the last time I saw a good pair of them from both Miu Miu and Prada collections.
I believe Lotta Volkova is the stylist for this show, and has been there for a few seasons now after Katie Grand was ousted.

I personally loved the continuation of last season's vision, seeing it like a two part collection more than anything. I feel like those leather looks are more of the highlights of the collection than the micro skirts. Also loved seeing a little of Prada mens FW1999 and SS2016 references.

I feel quite conflicted by this collection. On the one hand, it's really strong and definitely way better than Prada, but on the other, I'm not sure about repeating the silhouettes from last season. I mean, we've been on the way to being oversaturated by the Miu Miu suit. And while I understand why they would do it again, I'm not quite sure if that's the right way to keep the momentum.

I like that they kept up with the style of last season, Miu Miu is in rehabilitation mode, reconstituting and streamlining its identity…after many lousy shows they’ve put out the collection of the season. It’s not time to go crazy.

odd follow up. shoes are amazing but that's standard miu miu. the cropped proportions are kind of unsettling but they probably look normal on shorter people lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->