Model Casting F/W 13.14

Utterly disappointed that there was no a single girl of color and only two asian models at Louis Vuitton today. I usually have my hopes up for Marc's show after a white washed season. I haven't seen Miu Miu yet, but I'm sure it's the exact same deal.

VERY surprised to see Leona Walton, Grace Mahary at Miu Miu, wasn't expecting that at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think lv was more towards established models with newbies inbetween! but then on the other hand miu miu was all newbies! i loved the cast tbh and all the girls looked great.

Kirsi was geared for a comeback this season but it's been a weak attempt. I guess most shows can't accommodate more models who are too tall because of shoe size issues. But then there's Nicole Pollard who is 6'2 and is doing really well.

Maybe Nic's feet aren't that big?

Height doesn't always collerate with shoe size, for example, Jess Gold's feet are a problem, but she's well under 6''.

Utterly disappointed that there was no a single girl of color and only two asian models at Louis Vuitton today. I usually have my hopes up for Marc's show after a white washed season. I haven't seen Miu Miu yet, but I'm sure it's the exact same deal.

From my memory there was 3 black girls and 2 asian girls.

I like to compare which models get dropped from a designer from season to season to maybe get a bead on who may be fading. For Louis Vuitton today notable was anna s. Elena Bartels-also dropped from Chanel, Grace Hartzel, Grace Mahary, Hanne Gaby, Ji Hye, Julia Nobis, Julia Frauche, Juliana Schurig, Marie Piovesan, Lin K-also dropped from Chanel, Mackenzie Drazan-drop Chanel, Marte Mei, Ming Xi, Nastya, Ruby Jean who opened, Sojourner, Stina Rapp and wow Tilda.

^The only one I'm sad about from that list is Nastya (I feel like she's missed quite a few of the big shows, at least in Paris).

Another one who seems to be fading is Zuzanna. I feel like I barely see her anymore. Took me a while to warm up to her and now that I have, she's on her way out.

I like to compare which models get dropped from a designer from season to season to maybe get a bead on who may be fading. For Louis Vuitton today notable was anna s. Elena Bartels-also dropped from Chanel, Grace Hartzel, Grace Mahary, Hanne Gaby, Ji Hye, Julia Nobis, Julia Frauche, Juliana Schurig, Marie Piovesan, Lin K-also dropped from Chanel, Mackenzie Drazan-drop Chanel, Marte Mei, Ming Xi, Nastya, Ruby Jean who opened, Sojourner, Stina Rapp and wow Tilda.

That is definitely a lot more than usual shows! However I think an important thing to consider is still the concept of the show - last season involved the twins theme, and thus many girls might've been cast as merely "look alikes." But from the looks of this list Katie is still willing to sacrifice even some of her own favorites for whatever reason :smile:

Shame on you Marc for not having a single black girl in the show!! Miu Miu was perfect tho, loved Emely!!

it seemed like almost no models that did LV besides 3 or 4 walked Miu Miu

Probably because LV had very few newbies, whereas MM had all newbies.

BTW, who are the girls with the most shows? Anybody been keeping track? Antonina V and Irina K have 51 shows each. Don't think that's the most, but maybe enough for a top ten?

Ashleigh Good has 56 shows, I believe. But I think Sasha Luss, Kel Markey, Julia Nobis and Tilda Lindstam have more.

Greatest comeback this season: Mariacarla Boscono!!! Then Prada in Milan, now opened and Closed Vionnet, opened Hermès, walked Louis Vuitton and Givenchy. Great!!

BTW, who are the girls with the most shows? Anybody been keeping track? Antonina V and Irina K have 51 shows each. Don't think that's the most, but maybe enough for a top ten?

This was the one I posted (courtesy of stereo_flo) in the 'Who will sweep up...' thread. The figures were before PFW so I'm not sure now.

Tilda Lindstam (55)
Kel Markey (51)
Maria Bradley (46)
Ashleigh Good (45)
Sasha Luss (45)
Agne Konciute (44)
Manon Leloup (44)
Marine Deleeuw (44)
Caroline Brasch Nielsen (43)
Sam Rollinson (43)
Julia Frauche (43)
Antonina "Tonya" Vasylchenko (42)
Juliana Schurig (40)
Magdalena Jasek (40)
Nastya Kusakina (40)

Greatest comeback this season: Mariacarla Boscono!!! Then Prada in Milan, now opened and Closed Vionnet, opened Hermès, walked Louis Vuitton and Givenchy. Great!!

Naw, Catherine Mcneil has had one of the best runway comebacks that I've seen in a long time.

And Kasia. I hardly think anyone could say Tilda or Julia are fading though.

Naw, Catherine Mcneil has had one of the best runway comebacks that I've seen in a long time.

I'm with you on that. She had a flawless season from start to end. Although she did miss a few shows (Chanel, Gucci, Fendi...), her other appearances make up for it. Best comeback in a while, hopefully it will translate into some good editorial work.

As usual, Paris didn't fail to surprise with a few familiar faces showing up, especially loved Mariacarla's return to the runway.

Ashleigh Good has 56 shows, I believe. But I think Sasha Luss, Kel Markey, Julia Nobis and Tilda Lindstam have more.

Juliana Schurig: Total current: 60 shows

Cat worked those runways what a comeback! I also loved Hilary's appearances! Those 2 made the season for me, but I am angry some girls didn't do as good as I expected!
Posted via Mobile Device

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->