Model Casting F/W 13.14

Tilda ended up with 76, is she officially the girl with most number of shows once again?

Grace Mahary walked 51 shows!:woot: She is definitely in the list of models who walked the most shows this season.

Julia Nobis has 62 shows under her belt! And that is without London, mind you.

Catherine's comeback was so amazing. coming back to open 6 shows? and most of them blue chip? dayum girl.

Fei Fei = 52 (and all big shows I believe)

Cathy Horyn on Valentino's casting

Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli opened with A-line minidresses with white cutout collars, and followed with longer versions of similar chilling restraint. Every curve of satin seemed as controlled as a porcelain vase. Colors were based on Flemish paintings, with the starchy collars or white insets at the shoulders of some gowns throwing light on the face (a technique that Mr. Lagerfeld used in his January haute couture show). But something about Valentino’s elegant poise seemed an affectation. It’s also boring to see a nearly all-white cast of models.
nytimes

Thank god for Cathy! Although Pauline Hoarau is mixed, it doesn't excuse every single other girl being white.

Perhaps Cathy read my rant a few posts back :shock: :lol:.

In all honesty though it's good to see a fashion critic actually make reference to this. It's not as if the appearance of clothes are utterly unaffected by the person wearing them, as some have argued in the past :rolleyes:.

I have to say that overall the casting this season has been one of the worst in recent memory. The fact that we are not only still hammering people over the head with the diversity issue, but that the situation has worsened five years after Vogue Italia's 'Black Issue' was meant to shake people up, is baffling to me.

Tom Ford was the only true highlight for me. I could have had that cast at every show this season and it would have been 100 x better than what these casting directors were feeding me!

Nope. It's still Vlada with a record of 85 Shows in all 4 cities. 91 if you'll count Sao Paolo.

but are you talking about F/W 13.14? That's what I meant, since she was the one with the most shows last season too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Tilda has the most shows this season and last but did not beat Vlada's all time record

I know, that's why I said "once again"... I think is pretty clear I was talking about this current season and the last one, didn't thought it would need further specifications.

Does anyone know who casted and styled Maiyet this season? Also who casted Balenciaga?

Perhaps Cathy read my rant a few posts back :shock: :lol:.

In all honesty though it's good to see a fashion critic actually make reference to this. It's not as if the appearance of clothes are utterly unaffected by the person wearing them, as some have argued in the past :rolleyes:.

I have to say that overall the casting this season has been one of the worst in recent memory. The fact that we are not only still hammering people over the head with the diversity issue, but that the situation has worsened five years after Vogue Italia's 'Black Issue' was meant to shake people up, is baffling to me.

Tom Ford was the only true highlight for me. I could have had that cast at every show this season and it would have been 100 x better than what these casting directors were feeding me!

Robin Givhan was the first critic i recall referencing the lack of diversity during one of Raf's shows for Jil Sander. Her article was for the Washington Post but I cant find it

Robin Givhan was the first critic i recall referencing the lack of diversity during one of Raf's shows for Jil Sander. Her article was for the Washington Post but I cant find it

Yes, I remember it was from this article back in 2007

And, as usual, models of color were an uncommon sight.

At the Jil Sander show, for example, the models were so homogeneous that they were virtual clones: overwhelmingly tall, thin, pale and with hair ranging from platinum blond to honey blond to the occasional warm brunette. There is such a runway tradition of "white preferred" at this house -- going back to when its namesake was at the helm and continuing with current designer Raf Simons -- that one wonders whether anyone at Jil Sander has noticed that brown people actually exist.
It's also been brought up a lot in nymag's reviews even in the live panel discussions hosted by Showstudio. I don't recall Jess Hallett responding to it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->