F/W 2013 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

I think the fact that there are some people here who aren’t pleased by the hegemony of Cara and Edie is because the main reason they were chosen at first wasn’t because of their quality as models, but because they were ‘sisters of’, ‘daughters of’ and so on… It’s not something criticisable, though; and it has happened a lot in fashion history (more in the past even), but I recognize I don’t really like the idea of ‘it models’ at all. Although I guess if they had a minimum of talent and they were visually more appealing I wouldn’t even care...

And I’m all for new models, but the ones they chose are rather bland. Besides, lots of brands didn’t really go for newbies this season: Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani, Versace, Hermès, Roberto Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana, Dior (so far), Ferragamo, Céline, Alberta Ferretti, Donna Karan, Dolce & Gabbana, Hugo Boss, Giuseppe Zanotti, Michael Kors, Stuart Weitzman, Isabel Marant, Gaultier, Bottega Veneta, Blumarine, Missoni…
And I wouldn’t consider Cara and Edie “new faces” as the first has been around for six seasons (more or less) and the second one much more… So add Saint Laurent, Fendi, Mulberry, DKNY, Jil Sander, Lanvin and Marc Jacobs…

Oh, and I hate the fact that there are so many celebrities involved in fashion campaigns: Penélope Cruz at Loewe, Amanda at Givenchy, Nicole at Jimmy Choo, Sienna at Burberry…

I don't think Edie or Cara even look like models. Can people not dislike them for that reason? I find Cara's personality to be that of a seven year old jacked up on pixie sticks & Mountain Dew, but that's not the main reason I dislike her. Edie is a poor man's Twiggy & there's nothing model-esque about Cara imo (she LOOKS like a socialite). Besides the amount of diversity in all the campaigns this season, I have to say that I'm disappointed with most of the castings. There are so many established girls (Joan, Karlie, Aymeline, Kati, etc) who deserved more than just one or two campaigns. I happen to like most of the girls in the top 10, so it sucks that they're having a bad season. In general they're so much better than most of the newbies. Hopefully they'll turn it around next season.

Let's not forget new girls are a lot cheaper people, A LOT..

So I guess the following lists roughly what's left of "more or less" desireable, high-end fashion campaigns;

Alexander McQueen
Alexander Wang
Balmain
Belstaff
Calvin Klein White Collection
Calvin Klein Jeans
Calvin Klein Accessories and watches
Chloé
Diesel Black Gold
Emilio Pucci
Gianfranco Ferré
Gucci
Lacoste
Moncler Gamma Rouge
Nina Ricci
Oscar de la Renta
Paul & Joe
Prabal Gurung
Proenza Schouler
Tommy Hilfiger
Valentino
Vera Wang

Have I left any major brands out?

PS: Edited after input from LucaNatashaFan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Gianfranco Ferré still do campaign? I think they stopped having ad campaigns many seasons ago.

Does Gianfranco Ferré still do campaign? I think they stopped having ad campaigns many seasons ago.

I didn't think so either. The last campaign that I can remember, was for FW10.

Will someone explain to me why Elisabeth Erm is getting so many campaigns? I find her extremely boring idk...

I thought Tilda, Kirstin Kragh, Julia Nobis, Sam Rollinson, etc were going to sweep up this campaign season, quite a shock...the same goes to Joan.

Elisabeth Erm and soojoo, Wilhelmina's beigest blips. I can't believe Bette and Sasha Luss didn't get any campaigns.

Not sure why Julia Frauche has so many campaigns...when a girl like Kirstin Kragh has none...

Will someone explain to me why Elisabeth Erm is getting so many campaigns? I find her extremely boring idk...

Very simple, her look is extremely commercial (same for Julia)

^^ Kirstin got M Missoni, it's not much but it still counts.

Very simple, her look is extremely commercial (same for Julia)
Commercial? Really? I think Elisabeth's look is extremely versatile, like a perfect mix between Vanessa and Nadja Bender, but she's not overtly pretty. It's all about aerodynamic features and perfect runway proportions.

Anyway, I'm not her biggest fan or anything, but I think her appeal is obvious just looking at those beautiful lines and the way she carries herself. She's poised and elegant. And her blank canvas beauty is quite classic in a way. Mature, but fresh-faced, with the most flawless complexion.

Julia Frauche is the biggest crypthogram for me, scientists at Nasa are struggling to explain her success. She's just so utterly forgettable but season after season she refuse to Blimp and go away. Then came Esther Heesch, now we have E. Erhm... Who will join their ranks next season?

EDT: I have to say Elisabeth has a sense of sophistication that I think the others miss, yet still...

Julia Frauche is the biggest crypthogram for me, scientists at Nasa are struggling to explain her success. She's just so utterly forgettable but season after season she refuse to Blimp and go away. Then came Esther Heesch, now we have E. Erhm... Who will join their ranks next season?

I'm praying Esther might just go away or something. But I agree about Elisabeth, she definitely is a step up from the rest of the blond haired, too young, blip queens.

EDT: I have to say Elisabeth has a sense of sophistication that I think the others miss, yet still...

Elisabeth is basically what they were trying with Joanna Koltuniak, but her features are more refined. She has the kind of romantic look that will put you to sleep.

I love Elisabeth Erm. She's far from a forgettable blip imo. Julia Frauche is a different story though. I have no clue how she is scoring all these campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->