F/W 2013 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

i just dont know how Georgia May can score a major campaign but models like Magdalena and Maryna can't.

Not sure if this is related, but Andie Arthur posted photos on her Instagram while on a boat in Ibiza on the same day. Has she even ever walked for Gucci? Could just be a coincidence.

^ i think it might just be a coincidence, as much as I would LOVE that combination, I don't think it is, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Andie Arthur for Gucci sounds silly. I hope Bette is a part of the resort campaign.

Edie for Jil was so predictable and I was just dreading the day the images came out, but I actually really love it.

Not really sure why Julia Frauche is getting so many campaigns...like really??!

Worst casting goes to Benetton. Lily, Sky, some rainbow haired model, Soo Joo, Louis Simonon. All generic

These are the models with the most campaigns this season so far. I ordered them according to the relevance of their campaigns (also considering if they are OG or MG) and the number of ads under her belt.

1) Cara Delevingne: Saint Laurent (OG), Fendi (MG), Mulberry (OG), DKNY (OG)

2) Vanessa Axente: Calvin Klein (OG), Hugo by Hugo Boss (OG)

3) Saskia de Brauw: Versace (MG), Fendi (MG)

4) Ashleigh Good: Chanel (MG), Max Mara (OG)

5) Daria Werbowy: Isabel Marant (OG), Salvatore Ferragamo (OG)
5) Soo Joo: Chanel (MG), Tom Ford (MG), Benetton (MG)
5) Chiharu Okunugi: Chanel (MG), Stella McCartney(MG)
5) Catherine McNeil: Prada (MG), Donna Karan (OG)

6) Kate Moss: Versace (MG), Stuart Weitzman (OG)
6) Edie Campbell: Marc Jacobs (MG), Jil Sander (OG)

7) Julia Frauche: Costume National (OG), Just Cavalli (MG), Paul Smith (OG), Trussardi (OG)

8) Anja Rubik: Giuseppe Zanotti (OG), Hugo Boss (MG)

9) Elisabeth Erm: Etro (MG), Moschino (MG)

10) Marine Deleeuw: Moschino (MG), Iceberg (MG)

Maybe Daria’s ‘ranking’ should be higher than Chiharu’s and Catherine’s because both of her campaigns are OG, but at the same time they’re not as blue chip as Prada or Chanel. Although being in Prada this season, with eleven faces involved in the same campaign, it’s not that relevant (but it’s Prada after all).

And I put Vanessa the second because being the face of Calvin Klein as OG is such a great feat considering that Lara has been the model of the main campaigns for five seasons. Last season I felt Suvi was just the ‘companion’ of Alexander, although it’s true she got also the Calvin Klein watches and jewelry campaign.

By the way, this campaign season has been quite disgusting. I don't like the campaigns and the castings are really dull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Anouck Lepère will be included in Dior's campaign? She was shot for something about a month ago.

OMG! :sick: Worst castings ever this season...

Totally agree. It's either random and talentless newbies, the same rotation of already used-to-death "icons" or hamstrung "models" like Cara, Edie and Lily.
What's there for the current top models? Only Saskia is doing great again, but what about Joan and Karlie, the supposedly number one's of this era?
How can new icons ever be created if they don't get the chance to work themselves up by having steady campaign seasons?
The industry has become so fickle, disappointing and annoying.

Totally agree. It's either random and talentless newbies, the same rotation of already used-to-death "icons" or hamstrung "models" like Cara, Edie and Lily.
What's there for the current top models? Only Saskia is doing great again, but what about Joan and Karlie, the supposedly number one's of this era?
How can new icons ever be created if they don't get the chance to work themselves up by having steady campaign seasons?
The industry has become so fickle, disappointing and annoying.

This. Joan's "nmbr 1" position is totally manufactured by her marketing team in collaboration with MDC. It's laughable. They're Karlie's people as well, go figure..MariaCarla is still going strong though. Im inclined to say that Cara, Edie and Vanessa are this generation's top models. Good for them I guess. Here's to next season!

EDIT: I forgot Karmen, she's still killing it.

I'm kind of annoyed with Daria for Céline over and over again, it's getting stale. I would have loved to see Cristina Hermann front the campaign considering she opened and closed the show.

I was hoping Josephine Van Delden would get Celine since she was a worldwide exclusive for the show. Sadly Pheobe decided to give Daria another go. It's weird because when Raf gives Daria Strokous campaign after campaign it doesn't feel stale? But with Miu Miu using Lima over, Celine and Daria W, and the rest of the reusers it does.

If any of your faves were photographed by Juergen repeatedly, sooner or later it's bound to lose the initial appeal. The only model who can probably endure his style is Mariacarla.

I don't like Daiane for Dior, she's like a poor man's version of Marie but ugh someone already said she will be in it. I wish Anouck is part of it.

I actually have enjoyed this season a lot. I really didn't know Cara and Edie were capable of giving those results. Even the worst hater can't deny those Fendi, Jil Sander and Lanvin shots are working all the way... Overall, I think it's been great, it's been fresh: Etro, Moschino, Prada, Chanel, they all used so many talented new faces who are becoming more and more established because of the simple fact they're good at what they do. Give them a break, evolution is not always bad, just like top models from nowadays had their chance and time of growing up as professionals, the hot newbies need their chance to. Tops have had many seasons of glory, and we'll never stop seeing the most successful ones, so why not varying for a while? I mean, Daria for Celine, again??? really??? Jeez! I almost fell asleep as I opened the thread... we've seen that so many times. I think some people are stuck in the early 00's (in every possible way regarding how the modelling industry was back then) and have a hard time accepting how things are now. Those where golden days for sure, but there's no reason for senseless hate when the only reason to justify that castings have been terrible this season is just a matter of personal taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->