F/W 2013 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

I fint it hard to believe that Karmen is so big after basically having just 2 major, high-end ad clients during her entire career - Michael Kors and Gucci. Yes, she repeats them to their death, but still. Look at Raquel, Iselin, Isabeli, Malgosia, etc. They continue to book new and diverse clients almost every season after long careers.

^ If they drop her, she's going to be in trouble.

I swear, Gucci better not be disappointing after letting us wait for so long.

So who's the campaign queen of the season? Edie? Cara? Daria Werbowy has a couple of good ones. But other than that, I haven't really noticed anyone else making a big statement.

^ Mariacarla Boscono has OG Ferretti and Armani, and also Dior and Givenchy Cosmetics.

^ Mariacarla Boscono has OG Ferretti and Armani, and also Dior and Givenchy Cosmetics.

Exactly. Cara has quantity but others have quality. MCB's season is better, followed by Cat. But that's only my opinion.

These are the models with more than one campaign this season so far (I didn't count fragrance and beauty contracts).

Anja Rubik: Giuseppe Zanotti (OG), Hugo Boss (MG)
Ashleigh Good: Chanel (MG), Max Mara (OG), Pennyblack (MG)
Cara Delevingne: Saint Laurent (OG), Fendi (MG), Mulberry (OG), DKNY (OG)
Catherine McNeil: Prada (MG), Donna Karan (OG)
Chiharu Okunugi: Chanel (MG), Stella McCartney(MG)
Christy Turlington: Jason Wu (OG), Prada (MG), Calvin Klein underwear (OG)
Daria Werbowy: Isabel Marant (OG), Salvatore Ferragamo (OG), Céline (OG)
Edie Campbell: Lanvin (OG), Jil Sander (OG), Marc Jacobs (MG)
Elisabeth Erm: Etro (MG), Moschino (MG), Balmain (MG)
Iselin Steiro: Hermès (OG), Roberto Cavalli (MG)
Julia Frauche: Costume National (OG), Just Cavalli (MG), Paul Smith (OG), Trussardi (OG), Pennyblack (MG)
Karmen Pedaru: Elie Saab (OG), Michael Kors (OG)
Kate Moss: Versace (MG), Stuart Weitzman (OG)
Mariacarla Boscono: Giorgio Armani (OG), Alberta Ferretti (OG), Dior (MG)
Marine Deleeuw: Moschino (MG), Iceberg (MG)
Saskia de Brauw: Versace (MG), Fendi (MG)
Soo Joo: Chanel (MG), Tom Ford (MG), Benetton (MG)
Vanessa Axente: Calvin Klein (OG), Hugo by Hugo Boss (OG)

I think it would be among Cara, Mariacarla, Daria and Edie (being Cara and Mariacarla the strongest contenders).

Last edited by a moderator:
I fint it hard to believe that Karmen is so big after basically having just 2 major, high-end ad clients during her entire career - Michael Kors and Gucci. Yes, she repeats them to their death, but still. Look at Raquel, Iselin, Isabeli, Malgosia, etc. They continue to book new and diverse clients almost every season after long careers.

She's also gotten campaigns for Chloe, Bottega Veneta & Ferragamo in past seasons. If you consider MK to be high end, then so are those brands.

Karmen has big chance to get Gucci. She has already been featured in eight Gucci campaigns (six of them were consecutive), and it's said she was shooting the resort campaign some days ago. I think it will be Daria and her.

^Yes!

In terms of photographers, M&M have no rival. I&V did slightly better this season, but compared with the amount of work they had some years ago… I sometimes wonder who the next ‘top’ photographer will be, but it looks like M&M hegemony will last.

M&M: Calvin Klein, Dsquared2, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Loewe, Stella McCartney, Versace and probably Pucci and Gucci.

I&V: Balmain, Bvlgari, Jason Wu, Miu Miu, Valentino and probably Nina Ricci.

Testino: Burberry, Etro, Michael Kors, Roberto Cavalli, Stuart Weitzman

Meisel: Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Prada

David Sims: Jil Sander, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sportmax

Juergen Teller: Céline, Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Moschino

Craig McDean: Elie Saab, Emporio Armani, Kurt Geiger, Ports 1961, J Brand

Karim Sadli: Akris, Giuseppe Zanotti, Isabel Marant

Mario Sorrenti: Calvin Klein underwear, Max Mara

Karl Lagerfeld: Chanel, Fendi

Mikael Jansson: Donna Karan, DKNY

Steven Klein: Alexander Wang, Balenciaga

Nathaniel Goldberg: Carolina Herrera, Hermès

Some guy ,some words are so funny,before you discuss about one model,please know her enough

I think if Raf let daria S go,she must be in trouble

Juliana Schurig: Marc by Marc Jacobs (MG) Jet Set (OG)
Sam Rollinson: J Brand (OG), Kurt Geiger (OG) and Valentino (MG)

Exactly. Cara has quantity but others have quality. MCB's season is better, followed by Cat. But that's only my opinion.

I'm no fan of Cara, but you make it sound like Cara has a bunch of C-list campaigns. Fendi and Saint Laurent are up there as far as quality goes. DKNY and Mulberry aren't terrible either. Not dismissing MCB's success this season, but I don't see where the 'quality' of her campaigns beat Cara's.

And looking over that list of models with multiple campaigns, it's just what I thought. A few girls did well for themselves, but nobody dominated this season. Would be hard to pick the 'star'.

^ That's why I said it was my opinion :wink:
I know Fendi and SLP are good campaigns, but they're not as important for me. Nothing against her, really, it's just my point of view.

But I agree with you thinking there isn't a model who dominated, which is nice.

Wow Steven Meisel only has 3 campaigns? That really says something...

I know Fendi and SLP are good campaigns, but they're not as important for me.

Yeah I share those sentiments. SLP has really gone downhill for me, and we don't know if other models will show up like last season with two parts. And about Fendi, well Karl hasn't been loyal to a model in recent years apart from Saskia so what are the chances Cara ever repeat Fendi.

Still good campaigns though, but I don't care for them and they're both rather bland campaigns.

Personally, I find OG Lanvin, OG Jil Sander and MG Marc Jacobs very impressive, along with MCB's campaigns.

I think it's too early to decide who's the queen of the season. There are still some nice campaigns left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->