Model Casting F/W 2020.21

Marant was great except for some weak links like Lineisy.

Enjoyed seeing the veterans at Off White.

Marant was great except for some weak links like Lineisy.

Enjoyed seeing the veterans at Off White.

Sure, a weak link that 5 years later is still booking Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, MK, Dior, Isabel Marant, Valentino...while some of your faves from her generation, coughs*Yasmin*coughs, can only be seen at a David Koma show :lol: the audacity of it all :innocent:...

Anyhow, Isabel was perfect as usual. Loewe better be good, cause Chloe was a damn mess.

This might be a dumb question (or the wrong thread to be asking this!)... but it seems to me like model street style photos before/after shows and BTS photos of hair and makeup prep used to be a lot more popular during fashion week. I feel like they gave the hair and makeup artists' work and models' personality + personal style a moment to shine outside the full production of a show itself... Are those photos not a thing anymore, or am I not looking in the right places?

Sure, a weak link that 5 years later is still booking Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, MK, Dior, Isabel Marant, Valentino...while some of your faves from her generation, coughs*Yasmin*coughs, can only be seen at a David Koma show :lol: the audacity of it all :innocent:...

Let’s not pretend she’s being picky, she’s just not getting booked anymore.
And Yasmin my favourite? Where did you get that information lol.

This might be a dumb question (or the wrong thread to be asking this!)... but it seems to me like model street style photos before/after shows and BTS photos of hair and makeup prep used to be a lot more popular during fashion week. I feel like they gave the hair and makeup artists' work and models' personality + personal style a moment to shine outside the full production of a show itself... Are those photos not a thing anymore, or am I not looking in the right places?
I totally agree. I think they're not really a think. There are very few backstage photos on Vogue and Livingly now and no one posts them. People just don't care about FW like they used to.

Let’s not pretend she’s being picky, she’s just not getting booked anymore.
And Yasmin my favourite? Where did you get that information lol.

I'm not going to back and forth with you cause people here know your style, if it ain't dutch you're gonna hate :lol:, sadly some of your faves didn't have Lineisy's longevity coughs*Julia bergshoeff*coughs...whoops, i guess i have coronavirus cause i can't stop coughing FACTS. :rofl::rofl:

Living for Laura Reyes at Loewe, best newface this season. Some girls are flopping hard in Paris, no Kyla Ramsey, Anok, Selena, etc, weird.

I totally agree. I think they're not really a think. There are very few backstage photos on Vogue and Livingly now and no one posts them. People just don't care about FW like they used to.

Man! I wish someone would bring that back. I feel like it would help generate excitement about FW, too, to be publicizing more elements of it than just runway shots.

Man! I wish someone would bring that back. I feel like it would help generate excitement about FW, too, to be publicizing more elements of it than just runway shots.
I agree. They need to revive FashionTV and things similar. I believe New York Magazine had backstage videos/diaries, and W did as well. Vogue is producing some pretty nice videos following a highlighted model, though.

But I guess most of those videos were before Instagram was a thing. Nowadays, all you need is a cellphone and you can report live on what's happening backstage and whatnot and store everything on an Instagram page.

I'm not going to back and forth with you cause people here know your style, if it ain't dutch you're gonna hate :lol:, sadly some of your faves didn't have Lineisy's longevity coughs*Julia bergshoeff*coughs...whoops, i guess i have coronavirus cause i can't stop coughing FACTS. :rofl::rofl:

Living for Laura Reyes at Loewe, best newface this season. Some girls are flopping hard in Paris, no Kyla Ramsey, Anok, Selena, etc, weird.

Kyla's probably a LV exclusive.

And I miss FashionTV.

I'm here for the backstage nostalgia. I was thinking about it a few days ago. Looking at the old pictures from 15 years ago and comparing them to this era, now it's just models standing and looking into a camera.

To stay on topic, I loved seeing Inguna and Julia Stegner on the runway. Also am I the only one who is happy to see Signe Veiteberg outside of LV?

Sorry for my negativity, but I wish it wasn't because the fact that their street styles aren't newsworthy as the "you-know-whos". I mean, Vogue loves them so much they post their street styles every single day. But I can't confirm that for this fashion week. I've been totally indifferent to the FWs and I muted the publication out of my timeline...

I agree. They need to revive FashionTV and things similar. I believe New York Magazine had backstage videos/diaries, and W did as well. Vogue is producing some pretty nice videos following a highlighted model, though.

But I guess most of those videos were before Instagram was a thing. Nowadays, all you need is a cellphone and you can report live on what's happening backstage and whatnot and store everything on an Instagram page.

IIRC FashionTV's videos are behind a paywall which makes it inaccessible unless you're willing to pay pennies. Some of their older videos are available though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->