Model Casting F/W 11.12

Louis Vuitton has the best cast hands down. Even better than F/W 2010. Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Amber Valletta, Carolyn Murphy, Malgosia Bela, Raquel Zimmermann... I DIE!

epic casting at lv. it is totally stood out as the B E S T casting bc it thrilled and excited u. god i couldnt breath watching the show. everything was great even the clothes which were supernice compared to last seasons.

marc jacob pulled a gimmick but it worked brilliantly.

I wanna see Gaultier, or heck even DSquared2, be given a big bucket of money for casting because they would make Naomi and Kate earn the six figures that they were probably paid to walk the show.

ETA from downthread:
I'm still waiting for the day when Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Kate Moss and Gisele Bundchen will do one show! :lol:

Wouldn't they all have probably been in a Versace show back in the day? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for the day when Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Kate Moss and Gisele Bundchen will do one show! :lol:

It was so surprising to see Mariacarla opening Miu Miu, but it made such a lovely sense with the whole show.

i have to say that lv has one of the most memorable casting in the last few years and kate closed the show is one of the highlights of the paris fashion week. it's just like when daria opened balmain 2 years ago.

ASDFGHJKL Just the thought of that makes me teary eyed!!! lawwwd hammercy i would literally die if that happened!! :woot:

Now THAT would be a show :woot:

LV's cast was anything but boring, hands down.
But I didn't like Naomi's postition in the line up, I had prefer her at the end, anyway she got a bit lost (could be due the stupid camera movement though)

Miu Miu's cast was also good. MCB opening was nice to see and to my surprise I knew almost all the girls :lol:

Now that the season is over...

Bambi hasn't done that well right? I was expecting her to blow up, but I can hardly remember seeing her at all this season. And Britt M too? I remember her doing a few big shows but not that many in total. Was that intentionally or was she not getting booked? Those are the only two that I've noticed, are there any other who were expected to soar but didn't really?

It's weird to say it for me, but I actually kind of missed Iris and seeing her awkward long body on the runway.

Juju is my favorite newcomer this season by far, though it takes me a while to warm up to really new girls because I don't know their names most the time. Anyway, Juju has such a sincere look and I love how sensual and graceful her walk is.

Really surprised how well Candice did. Not only did she walk some great shows, but she also opened/closed more than I would've expected. I don't mind though, I think she looks great on the runway, better then most tbh. And her walk is great unlike some of the other girls.

My biggest disappointment of the season was not seeing Snejana at Givenchy, after expecting to finally see her there. :( My second biggest disappointment was having Freja show up in Paris after having been absent all season and giving me false hope that she's skipping the season altogether. Ugh.

I enjoyed the mini-comeback of Bette Franke in NY, wish she'd made her way to Europe too.

Maybe I'll think of some more later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really excited to see Kate there.. but it does feel a little bit like OK Marc .. You've won OK.. You still have the biggest toys in the neighbourhood!!

I think that's absolutely possible! Would be fantastic.
I think it was a big surprise for everyone seeing Kate Moss on the runway again. It just made my day.

Highlights of the season

* The return of Danielle Zinaich.
* Tara Gill opening Proenza Schuler
* The cast of St. John
* Favorite new faces of the season : Hanaa Ben Abdesslem & Aymeline Valade

Aymeline, Arizona, Daphne and Emily Baker were the stars of this season. Aymeline is going to be a star, I mean she opened LV despite Kate, Naomi, Malgosia and Amber being present.

I can't talk about Josephine, Daga or Kate King and other newcomers because every season lots of girls come and go, and you never know who's in it for the long run. We'll see if the Prada curse takes hold of Josephine or Colinne.

Hailey Clauson did amazing, she can now join the gang of much loved blonde fillers Frida, Jac, Ginta and Siri. Same with Julia Saner and Juju.

The hyped girls with short hair didn't do well; Merethe, Saskia, Britt Maren and Hanaa Bem.

Vita S. and Kristina Romanova didn't maintain momentum into Europe.

Where were Kim Noorda, Edita, Iris and Bette Franke?

I thought Barbara Palvin would properly blow up this season. Is she really sick or has the industry lost interest?

Candice will probably get into high fashion now, hopefully Meisel will back her. I wonder if she'll do givenchy or Blumarine? I'd die if she did the Fendi campaign but it's unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->