Model Casting S/S 10

The problem is with these new girls is that in a glance they all look too similar to each other. I kinda like some of the new girls cast by Russell (like Hind, Julija, Lisanne and Jacquelyn) but I think Hind is the only one that has the unique factor. I was actually hoping to see more people of color on the runway this season than the previous one. I guess the Vogue Italia: Black Issue thing is already forgotten :rolleyes:

What do you all think of the new girls Mr. Marsh is favoring this season? Which one do you think will keep their wings in Europe?

Anastasia Kuznetsova
Debora Muller
Hind Sahli
Jacquelyn Jablonski
Julija steponaviciute
Kelsey van Mook
Lisanne de Jong
Marike le Roux
Nicola Haffmans
Patricia van der Vliet
Sharon Kavjian
Vanessa Hegelmaier

I'm very surprised that Bailey Berger isn't on that list given her Philosophy campaign with Auguste who also hasn't booked many shows but I guess Women will treat her the same way they do Viktoriya only booking top-tier shows besides the ones Russell casts. I am surprised Auguste is booking Russell Marsh shows also, I guess he forgot about her also.

Is it common for a new young girl to get signed with a New York agency, not appear on their website or anything and then be flown over for a hold on an exclusive? How many girls per season are kept secret like this? and what happens if they are cancelled?

Last edited by a moderator:
Louise M was flown over last season for Calvin and I don't think she had a NY agency.

I think Prada keeps more 'unknown/secret' girls on hold each season than Calvin, and if it doesn't pan out, which it usually doesn't, the choices are to wait until next season to launch, or to give Paris a go.

Does she still have no agency? A bit strange since she is with Elite.. I would think they'd place her by now.

Elite Paris is keeping her NY agency a secret :D We can exclude Tara for a CK exclusive now, she walked for Reem Acra already. Gloria Loitz has a really good chance of getting that Calvin or Marc, oh well, I shoudn't expect a lot :D

OK, so Tara Jean appeared.

Because I have nothing else to do lol

I still have Alexandrina Turcan, Antonella Graeff, Bailey Barger, Gloria Loitz, Hannah Holman, Johanna Kneppers, McKenzie Hendricks, Ursula Kim, Ylonka Verheul

Girls anticipated in NY who have yet to appear. Please feel free to add.

Alexandrina Turcan was featured in theimagist and models.com remember? She's really pretty! I wanna see Bailey too, Lazic and Loos twins or even Victoria Tuaz if they're somewhere in NY ;p did Michelle Shermer @ NYMM walk already? I like her look as well. Agencies that usually secure a Calvin Klein exclusive are IMG & ELITE :D Hannah and Gloria have a very good chance at Calvin :D

No Michelle Schermer has not walked yet as far as I know, but I don't think she was really coming into the season with that much buzz, so I excluded her from my list, otherwise the list would be too long if I included every major agency girl who has not walked yet.

And yes I agree with Elite, they seem to secure the CK exclusives fairly consistently. So that is +1 for Elite girls Dree, Hannah, McKenzie..

How many CK exclusives usually are there anyway in 1 season?

This seasson is so wierd , I am just curious how it's going to be in Europe, so far there is no one outstanding new face which is doing all major shows like Kasia and Yulia K fiew seassons ago,now it is more about quality not quantity,I guess those girls who walked 5 ok shows till now are quite lucky couse many girls I expected doing well Toni, Zauzanna G, Alina Ismailova, Auguste, Georgin aren't booking that much at all.
Kind of confusing, and I cann't wait till CK shows what is under his belt :D

If you're a Russel Marsh girl, does that mean you can only be boooked by a brand if he does the casting for their show?

Only if they have an exclusive with him. But I don't think any of the girls walking in NY do.

BCBG but especially Hervé Léger overall had a nightmare cast I think, most girls looked the same only a very few standouts whose names I don't remember at the moment.

Possible Prada faces that I don't want to accept.

Dree Does CK
by Britt Aboutaleb

Dree Hemingway, former Abercrombie model and it-girl of a pretty long moment, will walk Calvin Klein next month.

The model, and literary heir, surfaced onto New York’s fashion scene about a year ago and while she made the show and party rounds last season, she walked exclusively for Ricardo Tisci at Givenchy in Paris.

We expect she’ll be at least a US exclusive for Calvin Klein and pop up in Paris, if not London, too.

fashionista.com

So we have Dree as a Calvin exc? :D other 2: Hannah? or Gloria? :D Can't wait!

I think I can accept that so many girls I expected and wanted to do well aren't as long as I know Ranya is having a whack *** season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"