Model Casting S/S 10

Also disappointed that the two leaders of the new school (Toni and Anna J) are apparently skipping NY.

Rose and Gracie are blowing up huge this season. I wouldn't have guessed it for either.

it seems NY fashionweek is becoming more and more for the new fresh faces and the established models skip or do a couple of shows.

I suspect a major photoshoot to explain why main girls a re missing. Cat is said to be booked and i suspect others are too because it is really very weird that so many are completely MIA.

But I hope that Marc brings them all out. I like new girls having a chnace but they just don't know how to stomp on the runway. They really lack presence and energy e.g BCBG and Herve.

another reason could be that in NY fashion week, most of the shows (except very big ones) do not pay at all, models just get gift bags.
For established girls that don't need the exposure, doing a lot of shows in NY is not that exciting.

I think we may see gloria loitz as Rad hourani exclusive given Wayne loves her, she walked his presentation and previous Rad exclusives from One

That leaves hannah Holman,Mckenzi, Dree for CK (plus any secret hidden newbies)

I thnk Andrea D has been doing really well has opened a lot of shows
Wondering where Meghan is... the dying hair black thing makes me think she will be at Marc along with the cool crowd Agyness etc, but wondering if there will be newbie surprises to go with the "Marc is getting new girls to dye their hair black for his show" rumour

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Daniela Kocianova will dye her hair for his show.. as i didn't see her on the catwalks yesterday..

Last edited by a moderator:
^If you mean the Wayne from theimagist and models.com, you're right.

The top girls are coming out in droves today. Maybe it was just the first half of the week there were going to miss? Nothing all too important really happened. The schedule is really loaded in the second week. Donna Karan has an all-star line-up.

another reason could be that in NY fashion week, (most of the shows except very big ones) do not pay at all , models just get gift bags.
For established girls that don't need the exposure, doing a lot of shows in NY is not that exciting.
But that's how it's always been, right? If you are a major model you walk in the major shows for money and prestige; if you are an up and coming model, you walk for the smaller houses for experience, to build your resume and hopefully be noticed by one of the big casting scouts. Actually isn't it worse in Europe because some of the big houses don't want to pay much because they feel that it is an honor to walk for them and also the agencies in Europe take a bigger cut? In general, of the big four fashion capitals (New York, London, Paris and Milan) which ones pay the best?

Models do fashion shows and photoshoots (that pay nothing and sometimes you have to pay the transportation yourself), for the exposure so they can eventually get campaigns =$.

The more famous you are, the less shows you *need* to do. That's my reasoning of why established girls might not be too worried about missing shows.

In Europe it is required by law to pay the models ( i think), while Ny can get away with giving nothing.

But yes the pace is pickign up, thank god. Marc should have a good cast.

Well New York is always in great contrast with Europe...not only for their fashion but also for their preferences in models. Think of Arlenis who did 30+ shows in NY in her first season including all the big ones and opening ODLR, then transatlantic she did like 5 shows in total. New York serves great purpose for guessing who will do great in Europe but rarely the guesses come true. Last season came pretty close though, with Dorothea, Hannah and Karolin performing pretty excellent in NY and in Europe.

Oh PS: Can we please start using last names for the totally new unknown faces with 1-page-threads...I mean, Ursula who? :huh:

Models do fashion shows and photoshoots (that pay nothing and sometimes you have to pay the transportation yourself), for the exposure so they can eventually get campaigns =$.

The more famous you are, the less shows you *need* to do. That's my reasoning of why established girls might not be too worried about missing shows.

In Europe it is required by law to pay the models ( i think), while Ny can get away with giving nothing.

But yes the pace is pickign up, thank god. Marc should have a good cast.
I agree with everything you are stating here and have preached this sermon myself, the key thing here is getting exposure for campaigns. I am just trying to figure out who are the top campaign girls (of the models who have made it big in the past five years, not reconstituted top / supermodels) who are at the level where because of their fame or their "money in the bank" status don't need the timely exposure that comes from walking for designers like Donna Karan, Diane von Furstenburg, Jill Stuart and Derek Lam; Raquel and Natasha... Coco, perhaps?

Also to throw another wrinkle in it, some of the "names" have done some of the smaller shows - I cannot figure out the casting for the Arise and Erin Wasson shows, they got some major girls and in Arise's case, this is its second season in NYC (I think?).

Well New York is always in great contrast with Europe...not only for their fashion but also for their preferences in models. Think of Arlenis who did 30+ shows in NY in her first season including all the big ones and opening ODLR, then transatlantic she did like 5 shows in total. New York serves great purpose for guessing who will do great in Europe but rarely the guesses come true. Last season came pretty close though, with Dorothea, Hannah and Karolin performing pretty excellent in NY and in Europe.

Oh PS: Can we please start using last names for the totally new unknown faces with 1-page-threads...I mean, Ursula who? :huh:
Ursula the Sea witch?

But you make a good point that a great debut in NYC doesn't mean a continuation of demand in Europe. I have high hopes for girls like Patricia van der Vliet and Mirthe Maas, but that is probably because I'm a biased Dutchy :lol:

Who are the main casting directors and what shows do they do? :flower:

I agree with everything you are stating here and have preached this sermon myself, the key thing here is getting exposure for campaigns. I am just trying to figure out who are the top campaign girls (of the models who have made it big in the past five years, not reconstituted top / supermodels) who are at the level where because of their fame or their "money in the bank" status can sit out the big shows: Raquel and Natasha... Coco, perhaps?

Also to throw another wrinkle in it, some of the "names" have done some of the smaller shows - I cannot figure out the casting for the Arise and Erin Wasson shows, they got some major girls and in Arise's case, this is its second season in NYC (I think?).

Erin has model friends so it's not that hard to get big names. Arise is a charity show I think.

And I too think a lot of the new girls doing well in NY will tank in Europe, ESPECIALLY Milan. Milan has their favorites and a part from Prada exclusives, there is little room to walk in decent shows.

Arlenis isn't really a good example though, because she black and curvy. She wasn't never going to fly in Milan and Paris. Mirthe on the other hand, is probably going to walk every major show in both cities.

^Harsh (and sad) but true about Arlenis.

Does anyone remeber Oxana Pautova? She did really well her first show season on NYC but failed to make any impression after that in the other cities if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->