Model Casting S/S 10

The big girls didn't even turn up for Zac Posen. If funny we complain about the same girls dominating the industry but we miss them the very second they aren't here.

^ But we only have seen like 15 faces of that show atm? And Coco was there, I guess she kinds as big. Who else then? Natasha? Magdalena? Trentini? Lily D? Sasha? We'll have to wait and see....

It's on catwalking. No Natasha, Magdalena, Lily, or Sasha. No Trentini either. Not even Karlie.

Hmm.. I kinda agree. Really looks like the "big names" aren't walking as many shows as they usually do. At least the new girls seem to be dominating. Until now that is.

It's on catwalking. No Natasha, Magdalena, Lily, or Sasha. No Trentini either. Not even Karlie.

But Maryna, Vlada, Anne V, Anabela, Alek, Hye, Bruna, Kim, Bette, Irina, Abbey and even Hana Soukupova were there. All pretty big runway names if you ask me.

with the exception of Vlada,Maryna,Alek and Hana that's a pretty mild mid-level casting.

^You think Irina and Abbey are mid-level?

Anyway, I was most surpised to see Tiiu returning to the runway again at the Zac Posen show. A very nice suprise.

Yay! The big girls turned out for Herrera! I'm hoping this is a New York thing only.

Tao Okamoto and Liu Wen have walked in quite a few shows including Tao opening Yigal Azrouel and closing Zac Posen; other models who seemed to have booked quite a few shows include Constance Jablonski, Addison Gill, Eniko Mihalik, Karlie Kloss (opened Ohne Titel and closed Jason Wu), Karmen Pedaru, Lakshmi Menon (closed Rachel Roy) and R'el Dade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe since there are back to back shows and early in the morning Posen and Herrera were mutually exclusive this year and everyone chose Herrera? Eniko, Karlie, Natasha, Iris, Magdalena, Snejana, Chanel, Lakshmi, Monika, Caroline, and Heidi all showed up to Herrera but weren't at Posen.

I wonder if this season is a sea change with new faces emerging and even a new paradigm. I am glad that no individual or few girls are dominating, to me it is like the designers are saying "who are the best girls for the theme of my collection / show" rather than them saying, "go out and book the 'in' girls." There is also diversity, it is too early to tell how the season is going to play out, but three of the most visible girls are Asian: Tao, Lakshmi and Liu.

Regarding all the "exclusive speculation": I'm curious about Meghan Collison aswell :huh: Maybe a Marc ecxl.? Because she hasn't showed up anywhere so far... and it would be rather strange if that last comeback-season of hers was only short-lived.

Herrera had THE most impresing casting of ALL FW so far!:woot:

Agreed, great cast! Nice to see Frida there and Ingerid Maske was a suprise!

On a different note, does anyone know where Georgina Stojiljkovic is? :( :huh:

I guess no one can afford Raquel in this economy. And what about Sigrid? I read something about school but that doesn't make any sense. Maybe she's a NY CK exclusive? Is Lara Stone even in New York?

The new faces are cheaper, no?
Yes, in general and I don't think that the agencies are charging tip-top dollar for girls (or at least the rates are negotiable), however, models are salespeople and this economy the models-as-salespeople are more important than ever. I would think that if the designers have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in FW, they will be willing to cough up a few thousand more for a model if they think that that girl (or girls) can sell the garment best.

I guess no one can afford Raquel in this economy. And what about Sigrid? I read something about school but that doesn't make any sense. Maybe she's a NY CK exclusive? Is Lara Stone even in New York?

raquel didnt have a showcard for this season .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->