Models Who Aren't That Tall

Alice Dellal is listed at only 5'6" which means she must be pretty teeny.

they must have changed that recently as i distinctly remember when she first appeared on the select site they listed her as 5"4 :lol:
but i suppose she would get special treatment as she has a rich/famous family
i dont know why they'd change her height though, its well known she's only
5"4

I was looking through some pictures of Jourdan Dunn and she's photographed with Chanel Iman frequently (that's for another thread though, isn't it?). Anyways, for models listed as the same height- Jourdan at 5'10, Chanel at 5'10- depending on the angle, Jourdan always looks quite a bit taller than Chanel. Has anyone met Chanel? I don't think she's any shorter than 5'8, but I don't think she's 5'10.

I was looking through some pictures of Jourdan Dunn and she's photographed with Chanel Iman frequently (that's for another thread though, isn't it?). Anyways, for models listed as the same height- Jourdan at 5'10, Chanel at 5'10- depending on the angle, Jourdan always looks quite a bit taller than Chanel. Has anyone met Chanel? I don't think she's any shorter than 5'8, but I don't think she's 5'10.

Chanel is 5'9 and Jourdan is 5'10 :wink: At the beginning of Chanel's career she was listed as 5'9 and after while 5'10 became her "model height". I think it happens all the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok im going to sound like a crazed stalker but i have this theory that Irina Lazareaunu is only 5'6 xD

i was watching the Louis Vuitton/Marc Jacobs documentary on youtube and we see the models arriving in Tokyo for the LV show all wearing slippers.

So here is Irina behind 5'10 Du Juan- Irina is listed 5'9.5

nnli4m.jpg

33agwwj.jpg

idk that looks more than half an inch difference to me :blink:

and Daul might even have been an inch or half an inch shorter than 5'10" since agencies lie, which means Irina is pretty short either way because Daul looks approximately 4-5"s taller than her which would make her no taller than about 5'6" and if Daul was less than 5'10" that means Irina would be in the 5'5" range but I am going to say she is probably at the shortest 5'5" and at the tallest 5'7"

^ i think Daul was 5'9. Either way she had great proportions and her legs were quite long. R.I.P

Isn't that Du, not Daul? Du is 5'10 or 5'11 (let's say 5'10.5 for propriety's sake), which means Irina is probably in the 5'6-5'8 range, probably on the lower end.

Does anyone have a picture of Irina and Kate for comparison, perhaps? I think Kate is unanimously considered to be 5'6.

Also, I had a thought today.

In basketball, someone pointed out that there are essentially two kind of players: tall players, and excellent players that lack height. In a way, I think I agree. The reason girls like Kate, Sasha, Irina and Devon can really rise to the top of their game is because they work harder due to their "handicap." Not to say all tall girls are 'slackers'; just like Shaq and Yao Ming, there will always be Claudia Schiffers and Nadia Aujermanns that are super tall and excellent models. But, just like Allen Iverson, there will always be at least a few short modeling superstars because their talent seems extra extrodinary given their handicap.

Kate and Devon photograph so beautifully and are proportional. I think thats better than being a 5'10 mediocore model :blink:

I just saw that hannah holman is 5'8. LOVE IT! :D (and so beautiful :heart:)

^please no, I could not imagine Marisa doing HF. Spare us please. I don't mean to sound rude but her boobs are way too much for HF. No, thank you very much, we already have Lara Stone

and marisa is all torso, no legs. good for VS shoots where most are hips and up but full body straight on it becomes so apparent how short her legs in comparison to the rest of her. alessandra too...must be a lingerie editorial thing

Even though Irina is known the be a giant (probably above 180), seeing Anabela next to her, I doubt that she is 177.
vdgzux.jpg

altamira @ flickr

As far as I know, Anabela is 172cm (more or less...).

Really?I thought she's quite tall! I think she looks like 177 cm., though you may be quite right...

her legs are insanely long so no one would assume she was anything shorter than what she's listed as.

At this point it's downright futile to ask, but... have we ever decided just how tall Kate Moss is?

I was looking through some vintage runway shows in the Designers and Collections forum, and she looks sooo petite in them all- in fact, if I just had to guess, I'd probably peg her around 5'4 :shock: But I'm sure that's doing her a disservice.

Kate's between 5'5" and 5'6".Devon Aoki,who is 5'5",met Kate and said that Kate is taller than here.Still weeny for a model!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->