Models Who Aren't That Tall

er 5'8 is hardly "petite" for a woman :lol: when you consider it, its pretty stupid that 5'10 girls are considered tall but only 2 inches less and they are "short" :blink: 5'7 is actually quite above average for the ladies and considering how many MEN are 5'8 and below it dosnt really make sense to call those girls petite :lol:

its so strange how models and their management can get away with blatantly lying about their measurements though- are there no repurcussions?
anyway Kerry Degman is just about the shortest male model ever, listed as 6ft his real height can be estimated when he is next to other models and by his weird proportions :whistle:

I've worked with Kerry he is definitely short for a male model, but not short in general. I'd say he's about 5'10 but with all the other guys being 6'2 these days he looks like a shortie in comparison. But so handsome and an incredible body. His muscles are HUGE!

yeah thats the thing. People act like if you aren't 5'11" you have some kind of height disability. It's like , umm 5'7" is actually pretty tall for a girl and 5'10" is also pretty tall for a guy cause in America I think the average height for a woman is 5'4" and that for a man is 5'8"-5'9"ish

Snejana .......
302w869.jpg

catwalking

I'm not even paying attention to how tall they are... All I can see is Iris facial expression as to say "how ridiculous is this outfit!!". It's like she's embarrassed and all she wants to do is burst out laughing right now :lol:.

^ Yep, but comparing Iris & Snejana is a bit weird anyway, as Snej is known not to be the tallest (around 174) and Miss Strubegger is more or less a giant (defenitely above 180, like she said herself in an radio interview).

haha, no she isn't that's from when she started. :smile: I did the same mistake. :P

I don't care how short Ruslana was...she was simply stunning.She proved you can be a successful model without being a huge towering inferno!

that's gotta be with and without heels, she's a full head shorter

I don't know. The difference appears to be around four to five inches, and considering how huge runway heels usually are, that would imply that she would be about the same height as Iris when she puts on her shoes, and there is no way that she's that tall.

I think (in the picture) it looks like Snejana is about 5'7.5/5'8 and Iris is 6'/6'1

Rasa Zukauskaite doesn't look so tall,what do you think?
44485371.jpg

style.com
aquiss1003658324619.jpg

catwalking.com
pradabackstagespringfas.jpg

169ncxj.jpg

yw07K.jpg

style.com

Rasa Zukauskaite doesn't look so tall,what do you think?

style.com

Hmm, Next lists that her height is 5'9... but yes, she's definitly smaller than that. My guess would be that she's about 5'7 - inch more/less :innocent:

Well girl's a Miuccia fav - so, being a shortie wouldn't be surprising :P

I was looking at the covers for the new issue of Love magazine, and it appears like all the models were shot from the same angle, with the same shoe, basically identically. If that is the case- Natalia Vodianova is shorter than I thought she was. Her shot is between Kate Moss and Amber Valletta, and she looks taller than the former but shorter than the latter. I guess that puts her at about 5'8?

ETA: The covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it's easier for agencies to lie about guys because the selection is so few. not everyone who's above 6ft aspires to be a runway model. and the ones who do are probably too built/buff for what the industry wants.

Even when you're left with the skinny ones, you have to weed out the ones with the ill proportioned bodies, such as the ones whose hips are too feminine (not that classic V shaped body), the ones who are too skinny.

I very much agree. Is there really that much of a shortage of male models?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->