Models Who Aren't That Tall

Regarding the "weeding out"/leniency with male models:

I'd argue you could have the same logic regarding female models, too. Without having this post moderated, most of the tall (5'9+) girls I know in real life do not have the right bodies to model. And while you'll always have girls willing to work hard to achieve that body, then the issue of photogenic and facial symmetry come into play. I think you'll quicker find a 5'7 girl with perfect bone structure and 35" hips getting scouted before a 5'10 girl with 40" hips and a poor bone structure.

I agree. Its sad though because the industry seems to scout height first, then body, then face.

Shouldn't it be the other way around..?? :lol:

Yeah. I've seen girls who are considered short, carry off clothes much better than others who are deemed tall. But usually designers and those model casting agents prioritise girls with height.

Marina is smaller than Hannah.... she must be around 5'7 ...

snapped by Elfinkova

^I think it's just the angle and the pose, they must be around the same height..so 5'7 :P

Anja Rubik is actually 176cm and less...??
FTV's staff is so cute...
34s3zhg.jpg

what do you expect from ftv, once they said Sasha is 178 :lol:? I am pretty sure Anja is taller than that

I don`t mean to be bitchy, but what do you guys consider tall then? I think 176 cm is tall for sure. I´m 169 and suprisingly many people tell me I´m tall ( I know I´m not). I guess the average height is 165 cm for female here. If girl has a model frame and she`s 10 cm above the average, she looks god damn tall to me.

Imo 5'7 is tall for any normal girl but is short for a model, because models are supposed to be tall :smile:

Yes, of course they are supposed to be tall. But is 176 cm really short for model? I think some people here consider anything under 180 cm as short, and I´m just wondering here ^_^

People seem to regard people below 5'9 (175cm) "model-short" :blink:

Yep, as 5'9 is somewhat the minimum to do runway, so anything below that is considered "short" in model terms. But there are always exceptions anyway :wink:

I think 5'7 is the real world cut off- it's not really tall or short. If 5'4 is the average height for an American woman, I'd say 5'9 is the average height for a model... so being 5'7 as a model would be like being 5'2 in the real world: you'd be short, but not to the point where you'd constantly get harassed about it or made fun of for it. Just noticeably smaller than everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->