Models Who Aren't That Tall

I agree about the petit thing. Its silly but I mean, every job has a requirement I guess.

Can't get a business job without a business degree you know?

er 5'8 is hardly "petite" for a woman :lol: when you consider it, its pretty stupid that 5'10 girls are considered tall but only 2 inches less and they are "short" :blink: 5'7 is actually quite above average for the ladies and considering how many MEN are 5'8 and below it dosnt really make sense to call those girls petite :lol:

its so strange how models and their management can get away with blatantly lying about their measurements though- are there no repurcussions?
anyway Kerry Degman is just about the shortest male model ever, listed as 6ft his real height can be estimated when he is next to other models and by his weird proportions :whistle:

1176355812origdl2.jpg

Kerry looks to be barely 5ft 9inch in that pic, next to the other models. Its a wonder how agencies can lie about models' heights :rolleyes:

i think it's easier for agencies to lie about guys because the selection is so few. not everyone who's above 6ft aspires to be a runway model. and the ones who do are probably too built/buff for what the industry wants.

Even when you're left with the skinny ones, you have to weed out the ones with the ill proportioned bodies, such as the ones whose hips are too feminine (not that classic V shaped body), the ones who are too skinny.

er 5'8 is hardly "petite" for a woman :lol: when you consider it, its pretty stupid that 5'10 girls are considered tall but only 2 inches less and they are "short" :blink: 5'7 is actually quite above average for the ladies and considering how many MEN are 5'8 and below it dosnt really make sense to call those girls petite :lol:

I think it's the combination of a shorter stature and a smaller frame. I'm a legit 5'7.5", and the girls I know that are 5'9+ always treat me like a midget because of all around "petite-ness" and build; super tall and slender is what is expected of a model, but I think people automatically view very slight women- models included- below a certain height as this kind of Audrey Hepburn/Kate Moss-esque pixie, and both of those women (at 5'6.5 and 5'5.5 respectively) are/were above average in height.

In Kerry Degman's case, he's been pretty successful from the start even being small. I think for male models, height is only a factor for runway work & even then there are a few "smaller than average" guys who do runway, Oliver Cheshire & Roch Barbot for example. Besides, print work, lookbooks & campaigns pay really well, much better than runway.

I remember reading that in a shoot Kerry did with other guys, he had to stand on a box, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's the combination of a shorter stature and a smaller frame. I'm a legit 5'7.5", and the girls I know that are 5'9+ always treat me like a midget because of all around "petite-ness" and build; super tall and slender is what is expected of a model, but I think people automatically view very slight women- models included- below a certain height as this kind of Audrey Hepburn/Kate Moss-esque pixie, and both of those women (at 5'6.5 and 5'5.5 respectively) are/were above average in height.

Exactly what i meant:flower::flower:

iek is about 5'9" so Im guessing 5'7" at most.

edit: i just googled and shes listed as 5'8" but i dont believe that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took this picture in october. I just asked if dorothea was truely a 5'9. ^_^ So yeah, she can't be more than that.

Attachments

• HANNAH.jpg
    HANNAH.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 24
i went through her thread and came up with these shots.

JAEG_BS_SS10_0238.jpg
FRTT_BS_SS10_0222.jpg

KANE_BS_SS10_0189.jpg
SAUN_BS_SS10_0094.jpg

she even looks short on the runway!
hannah.jpg

catwalking

No I asked on this thread, and I didn't get to talk to them they were all hurrying out to the next shows. :(

if that's the case, why would these established players be new faces if they aren't new?

^ One Management. They do indeed have loads of shorites on their main board, but their main board consists of basically all established models. Their new faces are all huge :shock:

Cause new faces are on the board for a certain amount of time. I think its a year?
Example: Jac, is still on IMG development board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->