Movies with great fashion!

Hors de Prix
601.jpg

europeanfilms.net
audreywhite.jpg

fashionowy.files.wordpress.com

they shoot horses,don't they. that film,besides being visually inspirational as a whole,is a huge style influence.

^Such a sad movie. Alexander McQueen based the choreography for his Spring RTW '04 show on it.

It takes a showman like Alexander McQueen to get the lifeblood pumping back into fashion performance. His show—staged in the Salle Wagram, a nineteenth-century Parisian dance hall—was an exuberantly hilarious reenactment of Sydney Pollack's Depression-era film They Shoot Horses, Don't They? Choreographed by Michael Clark over two weeks of intensive rehearsals in London, the narrative involved dancers, models, and audience in a visceral celebration of exquisitely glamorous clothes.

In the opening scene, the girls entered—dancing for all they were worth on the arms of muscle-bound sailors and hunky hopefuls—dressed in fishtailed silver lamé, figure-hugging cha-cha dresses, and show-stopping gowns with spangled bodices and huge feathered skirts. Other competitors whirled on wearing pink corseted tulle tutus over gray ballet sweats; mint satin tap-suits; or a slinky confection of gray checkerboard chiffon. A Billie Holiday look-alike, dramatically vamping in pink charmeuse and ostrich, vied for attention as flashy bodysuited showgirls were energetically twirled aloft by their partners.

McQueen's signatures—elaborately pieced tailoring (now beautifully softened with delicate inserts of lingerie) and body-hugging denims spliced onto nude tulle—also did star turns. The pace picked up even further in the elimination race, in which morphed-together fluorescent chiffons and sports pieces ran hell-for-leather (on impossibly high heels) in a hotly contested dash around the room.
By Sarah Mower, style.com Pictures on the same site, but I suppose you would have to watch it on video to see the reference. It might be on Youtube.

I'm sure this has been mentioned many times but The Devil Wears Prada probably had one of my favorite wardrobes in a movie.
For vintage fashion though, Breakfast at Tiffany's was my favorite. Who could beat an icon like Audrey Hepburn?
probably has the one of the most stylish wardrobes I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
i always loved period drama wardrobe! Marie Antoinette and the Duchess are perfection

^ That's funny: exactly when you posted those pics I was watching the film. :P^_^

Peter Greenaway's The cook, the thief, his wife & her lover!
Costume design: Jean Paul Gaultier :heart::woot:

ctwl28l.jpg

DerKochDerDiebSeineFrauUndIhrLiebhaber_scene_03.jpg

DerKochDerDiebSeineFrauUndIhrLiebhaber_scene_13.jpg

DerKochDerDiebSeineFrauUndIhrLiebhaber_scene_10.jpg

77a024c3.jpg

petergreenaway.org.uk, filmstarts.de, michigandaily.com

I saw the film Shopgirl and I just loved every outfit that Claire Danes wore. Old-fashioned with a modern-day twist. So chic.

ive got to agree with Shopgirl
hmm im intrigued by the cook,the thief, his wife and his lover..i think i might try to watch it this week.

great topic! it's really a guide for fashion movie. as for me, i'm preparing to look for them one by one.
love the dresses in duchess, really gorgeous!

Any Wes Anderson film the costumes are just amazing but realistic.

My favorite movies ALWAYS have equally amazing costumes...The Matrix, The City Of Lost Children (Jean Paul Gaultier), 2046

But there are some amazing costumes in the movie "DOLLS" by Beat Takeshi, and GOEMON which is a new movie still in the theaters--- the costumes gave me goosebumps! And designed by Australian Tina Kalivas

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbOoSrAoYpQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FbOoSrAoYpQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

photo from [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]image.blog.livedoor.jp and me
[/SIZE][/FONT]

"DOLLS" costume design by Yohji Yamamoto

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]www.eidersuso.com
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]okayterror.blogspot.com

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-7eNtLia6o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-7eNtLia6o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a movie or character that has a hippie kinda style?

Basically I'm going to a hollywood fancy dress party tomorrow, I've got a maxi dress, bangles, beads, huge sunglasses and a faux fur jacket but I don't know who or what film I can be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->