Movies with great fashion!

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by jules, May 13, 2003.

1. Label Basher

Label Basher Active Member

No your take is very interesting. For most films the costume designer does take things like this into consideration especially if they have a good relationship with the director.

FYI Gwyneth's clothes were all by Donna Karen. Not sure Ethan and Ann's though sorry.

I watched Pretty Women again recently and afterwards read up about the clothes and everything she wore was made by the costume designer. None of them were by a designer name. She had to fight the film makers to let the opera dress be red. I can't imagine it any other colour.

2. Razzer

Razzer Member

Totally! I saw it when my friends bailed on me the last minute, so I was pretty pissed off before I went in the cinema, though as soon as it came on I was mesmerised!

3. Razzer

Razzer Member

Have you any of you guys seen the 1995 comedy "Party Girl" with Parker Posey? I love it, It is a really funny, light and over the top film, it resembles "Clueless" in its style. However these are not the best screenshots, but there is hardly any HQ images online that I can find, which is a shame as the film has some really good outfits worn by Parker.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

source - my own screenshots

#403 Razzer, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by moderator nazinaya: May 8, 2014
  4. Razzer

Razzer Member

Here is the trailer!

5. lostgirl

lostgirl New Member

I know this is a tv show and not a movie, but I'm sort of obsessed with the fashion on Reign. It blends renaissance style with contemporary (definitely not historically accurate!) and it's taken some heat from purists but I think they do some interesting stuff
    Here's how the costume designer described her ideas for each character (source)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

all pics from cwtv.com/shows/reign