Movies with great fashion!

^Yes, Marie Antoinette has beautiful beautiful costumes. But the colour scheme of the sets and backdrops were just so pink and pastel-like it made me sick. I think that (plus the fact that Sofia Coppola can't do historical fiction for her like) really took away from the lovely dresses.

I was going to mention Marie Antoinette too! It's just pure eye candy, I love seeing all of those pretty colors together, the bows, the shoes, the flowers, the macaroons... It's just delightful.

"That Obscure Object of Desire" (French: "Cet obscur objet du désir"), 1977 by Luis Buñuel. The girl is dressed by Chloé. Amazing looks and an amazing movie!

Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky had an amazing costumes.. not surprise thou:D what else can you expect from a movie about Mademoiselle:heart:
And I'm not even gonna mention Audrey's films.. she had an amazing outfits in almost every film she was in. And I also loved Grace Kelly's costumes in To Catch a Thief.

This thread is amazing!

I get most of my fashion inspiration from movies, here are my favorites:
The House of the Spirits
Reality Bites
Play it Again Sam (Diane's wardrobe is amazing)
Annie Hall
Coco before Chanel

not a movie but a serie,

- The Tudors , absolutely amazing customes, the best i've seen in an historical movie.
-The Borgias, quite the same as before :o

I love the Tudors & the Borgias costumes, I've been on both sets they're beautiful. I can't tell you how much of Natalie Dormer's wardrobe I coveted during her seasons on the Tudors. Another TV show with great costumes is Boardwalk Empire, and obviously Mad Men.

I just rewatched An Ideal Husand, with Cate Blanchett and Julianne Moore, and the period costumes really struck me this time around. They are amazing!

Agree with Marie Antoinette. Walk the Line, Elizabeth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Bright Star, too.

As for TV shows, Royal Pains is definitely high on my list.

Jane Aldridge (seaofshoes) has a really nice post on her favorite movies with inspiring style.

^ oh i've just wanted to write "Christiane F.--We Children of Bahnhof Zoo" from that list, such an amazing film with cool atmosphere, really inspiring, everyone should see it!

The costumes in The Tudors were so beautiful that I didn't care how that wasn't how people dressed in the Tudor Era at all!

I'd like to add The Young Victoria and Casanova.

I think period dress generally makes most people look more attractive, particularly men. Maybe it's just some sort of romantic notion but there isn't an actor around who isn't made more attractive with a pair of breeches and a billowing shirt!

I think period dress generally makes most people look more attractive, particularly men. Maybe it's just some sort of romantic notion but there isn't an actor around who isn't made more attractive with a pair of breeches and a billowing shirt!

TOTALLY agree, littlepaperstars! :woot:

Give an actor an Austen or Bronte hero to play and watch women's hearts beat faster!

Absolutely. Ironically I actually met my significant other when he was dressed up as an Austen character lol, clearly it worked! There are just some actors born to wear the boots & breeches, others just massively improved by it. Case in point Russell Crowe in Master & Commander, huge improvement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->