Nina Ricci Pre-Fall 08

satinchic

Reaction score
homedreamnu2.jpg

Dream Girl
Olivier Theyskens knows how to make a statement, even if it's a quiet one. That's exactly what he did at his pre-fall show for Nina Ricci, musing on, he said, "a very cute girl in an urban situation." So just what would such a girl wear? Something "dreamy," like this dress that blends knit alpaca into woven wool and nylon.

Source: WWD.com

16efashion1bi9.jpg
16efashion4ff8.jpg
16efashion3cx4.jpg

(wwd - via Bianca in Diana Farkhullina's thread)

Thanks to Bianca for posting these to begin with. Here's a few more looks from the collection (which makes me think I really should have renewed my WWD subscription...:judge:)

So here's the thing...this collection is really beautiful. Really, really beautiful. But doesn't it feel like more of a 'Post-Spring' collection than it does 'Pre-Fall'? :unsure:

I thought the progression from Oliver's first show for Ricci in F/W 07.08, into the Cruise collection and then into the S/S 08 collection was great. However, when you add this Pre-Fall collection into the mix, it begins to feel a little stagnant, no?

ok it's beautiful, but I do agree It definetely looks like a post-spring collection:ermm:

For me this is sublime,the colours are all in such grade shades its romatic and very fall,not to much layering and it quite light.Jakcets,coats and sweaters are perfection,maybe there is to much dresses for my liking,but very good collection for pre-fall.

thanks for posting the full collection! it wasn't up when i made the thread
this is beautiful but i agree, it's not very fall

Post-spring, that's well said. Some pieces are nice, but that's nothing special all in all :innocent:

Nothing extraordinary, but I like it. The dress in the first post is my favorite, but I love the nods to 50s couture and the ladylike feel. I don't like the browns he used, but everything else is pretty gorgeous.

I looks mature to me, i'm not really feeling it especially with the first model looking like she's trying to hypnotise someone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->