Nylon May 2008 : Blake Lively / Leighton Meester

I agree about the Leighton cover looking a little off. It's almost clownish, or maybe her head looks too big?

ChloeFrancois thanks so much for all the scans, could you tell us the name of the photographer?

For the covers and the cover girls editorial, the same person as usual, Marvin Scott Jarrett (seriously, let someone else take some pictures!). For the Young Hollywood section all of them are taken either by Matthew Frost, Hillary Walsh or Ben Rayner.

^^Haahaha thank you and i agree they should use more photographers for the cover.

Mine just arrived in the mail but sadly, I got the Blake cover. Damn you random selection. I think they both look great though.

It's strange because on one of Blake's pictures, she's wearing the exact same outfit as on one of the 'teenvogue' photoshoot, a yellow jacket with a short black skirt.
I prefer Leighton.The guy playing Chuck Bass is such a joke,just a terrible actor, the way he gives that 'deep devilish' look is just ridiculous, in my head I always call him 'caligula's grandson'.

The guy playing Chuck Bass is such a joke,just a terrible actor, the way he gives that 'deep devilish' look is just ridiculous, in my head I always call him 'caligula's grandson'.

I love Ed Westwick! I think he does a great job with Chuck, who is smarmy to the nth degree (though at least they've made him a character with a personality on the show as opposed to the books). He seems sort of nice and a fairly modest IRL, at least from the interviews I've seen of him. I will freely admit I am totally biased, though, because I love Chuck. He's just so ridiculous and his wardrobe is absolutely hysterical.

Is it just me or does Blake never look the same in photos as she does on film? Pictures of her honestly look like a totally different person to me.

no it's not just you...i absolutely agree...i find her beautiful on screen and her warmth just doesnt translate through to photographs...

having said that, i actually think she looks quite good in these pics...better than most pics i've seen of her...

and i love this issue so far.! i'm secretly addicted to the show and i think they both do a great job....maybe it's because here in australia no-one has really caught on so there isn't much buzz about it and these girls haven't been over-exposed....but it's fun to have a silly, teenage show on tv that's actually good :lol: i hated the OC, and this is like the cool sister show...:heart:

normally i prefer blake {something about leighton annoys me in photographs a bit} but i actually think leighton's cover is much better...she looks fantastic...blake tends to pose a bit too much and you can tell she's trying to look sexy...she needs to stop doing that little pout....leighton's cover looks edgier and more authentic.

thanks for all the scans! :D

Well, as everyone else has said - I knew last month's was too good to be true.
The only reason I am happy with this month's, though, is that I love Gossip Girl, including Blake and Leighton.

I much prefer Leighton, though - if I get Blake's cover in the mail, I'll have to go out and buy Leighton's!

Well, certainly not Anja, Chloë, and Clémence, but it's alright!
I would also prefer to get Leighton's as well - Blake is so boring in print, her personality is much more "bubbly" on camera.

Leighton's eyes have a mind of their own in the cover, why they chose that is beyond me. The pics look nice though.

But come on, Nylon, every issue during the past 2 years is either the Hollywood issue or the LA hipster issue. So whatever.

I'm just curious, do you prefer the May 2008 cover or the May 2007 cover?
Here's a tiny picture of last year's "Young Hollywood" issue:
nylon_press_may2007.jpg

Blake and Leighton are both gorgeous girls. I just don't think either of the covers shows it.

I think I would've loved a cover with both of them on it though.

Sam, make sure you credit your photo :flower:I like this year's much better, simply because I'm not a Lohan fan at all

aww thats cool theres a little bit on Cassie from "Skins"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->