Nylon November 2008 : Paris Hilton

^me too, really..people make themselves look so idiotic sometimes. stop taking everything SO seriously.

UGH
Agreed! She might not have good style, but she's so cute & fun in that video. :doh::lol: Honestly lighten up.

You know, I just realized the other day that I haven't bought this mag in a couple months. I'm glad to see I'm not missing anything.

Oh, pleaaaase. Paris is going to keep herself in the media spotlight for as long as she can milk it, and, obviously, it's still working, because she has a TV show, and other projects going on. So...far from being 'over'. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, pleaaaase. Paris is going to keep herself in the media spotlight for as long as she can milk it, and, obviously, it's still working, because she has a TV show, and other projects going on. So...far from being 'over'. B)

Agreed so hard. :P

From the nylon website:

MS. PRESIDENT
Paris Hilton on fame, dogs, Benji, Nicole, and how she's in on the joke.

August, 2008:
NYLON editor-in-chief Marvin Scott Jarrett calls an editors' meeting and asks us, "Who's the most famous person in America?"

We yell "Lindsay!" and "Mary Kate!" and "Beyonce" all at once.

"No guys," he grins, "More famous. Like, Paris Hilton."

And the whole room was silent.

September 2008:
Luke Crisell flies to Los Angeles to interview Paris Hilton. For three days straight. She turns out to be very different from what we thought. And awesome on the photo shoot, run by Marvin and filmed by Bridget Palardy for NYLON TV.

October 2008:
We can finally share these photos with you, along with some early musings from the mouth of Paris:

What you'd expect.
“My dogs need to live nicely too! They have a chandelier and moldings and a bed and furniture and air conditioning in their doghouse. The closet at the top of the stairs, that’s where I keep their clothes.”

What you'd never expect.
“Every time I meet someone – someone who’s honest – they’ll always say, ‘I didn’t like you before.’ But when they meet me, they always think I’m the sweetest, most down-to-earth girl.”

What's up with Benji.
"Am I going to get married? I don’t know when, but I would. It’s strange! But it works out, because Nicole [Richie] and I are like sisters.”

And yes, she gets it.
“I’m smart and I know what’s going on. I can laugh at myself; I’m in on the joke. I know what you guys think of me, and I’m going to play into it and make you laugh at the same time.”

Want more? Read the magazine (like, hello...). Check out the outtakes from our cover shoot below. Then tune into NYLON TV and see Paris announce her running mate for president. Don't worry, it's not Nicky...

i don't care, she's so ridiculously not cool- that i find her kind of cool again :lol:

her image is sort of camp, and (hopefully) self deprecating.

besides, Nylon is a joke anyway. And what's a greater joke than a P Hilton cover? :D

cover aside, the journalism and stories still suck :ninja:

do Nylon even have readers anymore? (as in do their target demographic- "indie kids" fashion zietgeists, even want to be around what they're pushing?)

Oh man hahahahhahahahahahahaha

That video. hahhahahahahahahahahaha "Is this what I'm gonna look like? ................. Okay that's hot"

hahahahahahah

My Drag Queen mother always says, "If you have nothing nice to say about someone come sit next to me"- lets see where is she? :lol:

-Ma, can you believe that cover?:sick:

Isn't she quite passe at this point? The pics are horrible, too. I don't know how they expect to sell this issue.

this was a big mistake!:cry:

we (americans) are about to enter the most epic presidential election ever and the young voter count is so important right now, its enough to make or break the race!:unsure:

paris hilton is a joke and she even admits it herself! and the one time we really need people to take this election seriously, nylon runs a cover like this? unacceptable. not even ironic or funny! maybe its easy to laugh at this if you dont live in america...but this is just a bad representation of nylon during these crucial times. they're basically saying "we dont take this seriously. paris hilton for president instead!" (even the peaches/cory video says that) i'm all for having a laugh and not trying to take this election too serious....but that doesnt mean that there isnt a pool of young, creative, independent designers, actors and models who could have graced this cover with both style and street cred, but also those who are taking this economy crisis and election seriously and not poking fun.:doh:

there are times to laugh and put hilton on covers (star magazine) and then there are times to show young people that you can still be stylish and cool while showing support for your country and your nations well being.

im so done with nylon, i think its time for marvin to step down.:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->