Online Support Group

That's the spirit, GucciGirl!!! I'm trying to be consistent about the little things and hoping it all adds up to some big changes. Today was a good day!

just to let you all know esp. anyone reluctant to get out there and exercise, i've never worked out before, im normally a lethargic slug during the day, and i started lifting weights 30 min a day and ive never had so much energy, its very revitalizing and you feel so proud! it helps to workout to some good music too like ladytron. B) i think its a beginning of a whole new life for me..

Great job Smash, OGG, and tealady!

Today i wanted to go the gym late at night but then everyone returned from their trips and the gym was full and I just wasn't in the mood for it. I know I should have but didn't go. Not a good day for me :doh:

Good job, smashin! Sometimes, like mehq, I have trouble getting myself to exercise. However, I almost always find that if I force myself to start exercising, I do feel better afterwards.

In the meantime, I'm making good food choices and drinking lots of water. I can feel the difference. My goal for today and tomorrow is to eat NOTHING when I am at the computer. I'll post on Wednesday whether or not I've been successful. So please, hold me accountable, in case I don't post. Thanks!!! :flower:

Nope, I didn't make it! :angry: So, my goal for tomorrow is NOT to eat anything at the computer! :flower:

you can do it tealady :flower:

i actually started 'trying' these meditation exercises and it helps me sleep better
i feel more relaxed and wasnt up untill 6 am B) and i even woke up before
8 am -and i didnt have to :blink: :blink: :shock: what a shocker.

have not been to the gym in 4 days. know i should go but don't want to. am so busy with working on application stuff that i just don't have the time. am worried :ninja:

Originally posted by mehg@Jan 12th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
have not been to the gym in 4 days. know i should go but don't want to. am so busy with working on application stuff that i just don't have the time. am worried :ninja:
well, thats a good excuse...that stuff takes time ....and stress :cry:

maybe some relaxing meditation or yoga before bed :blush:

Originally posted by mehg@Jan 12th, 2004 - 10:38 pm
Be gentle with yourself, mehq. :flower: What would you say to your best friend if she was having trouble getting to the gym under the same circumstances?

Originally posted by tealady@Jan 13th, 2004 - 3:52 am
What would you say to your best friend if she was having trouble getting to the gym under the same circumstances?
Thanks guys. Lo, I think I will try some relaxing stuff before I go to bed and Tea, that is good advice too. If i think about that I think it will help motivate me tomorrow!

Going well guys! Keep it up! :buzz:

Over the past week I have lost 4 kilo's - unfortunately not in a healthy way. Due to me having no appetite, and stomach pains I have hardly eaten. Also, because I was sick I dropped a fair bit of weight. :shock:

Dear Belowen, thanks for cheering us on! :heart: :flower: When you're feeling better, you can join us in our quest for better health. Take good care of yourself! :flower: :heart:

I finally went to the gym today.

I never felt better. I had energy all day long.

:smile:

Good for you, fortezza! :flower: I did reach my goal by NOT eating at the computer today. I have the same goal for tomorrow.

yeah fortezza and tealady!!!! Still eating healthy-low fat, low carb smaller portions. No exercise yet, but I am just now getting back to normal from being sick. Found out today that I have a thyroid problem that has caused some weight gain and will get on meds for that next week. It is good to know that my metabolism didn't come to a screeching halt (which is what I thought!)

tqp, be gentle with yourself as you adjust to your medication. Sometimes it takes time to get it just right. Hope all goes well with you! :flower:

I made my goal of not eating at the computer today. Yippee!!! :woot: Same goal tomorrow.

thanks tea! I have heard it can be a challenge to get the meds right-lots of blood tests so we will see. just glad to have an answer to the problem right now. congrats on your no-food-at-the-computer goal!

Ha! I aced another day!! No food at the computer!!!!! Hang in there, tgp, and it will all come together. :flower:

Nothing seems to be working so far. Counting calories got too annoying, my brother kept on eating all of the Special K I bought, there are no sports culbs close enough to me, its to cold and icy to go running outside. Today, I;m trying to drink a carb control shake instead of lunch and dinner. Good thing the rest of my family doesn't like them.

Mehg, I often find that I do better at going to the gym when I'm busy. You just have to think about how you will feel after you have gone and try not to focus on the going part.

Dressage, how about turning on music in your bedroom and dancing around? No need to go outside, and no one has to see you!

I have been good this week. Gone 4 times including a capoeira class last night that kicked my butt. Need to go ride the bike or something today to loosen up as I'm supposed to go snowboarding tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->