Oscars 2010

I read somewhere that Miramax spent millions of dollars promoting Shakespeare in Love to Academy members and it paid off! :lol: I think they gave it to Sandra because as someone said she's earned a lot of people a lot of money. She probably won't ever be nominated again anyways. :rolleyes:

I'm so happy Avatar didn't won everything :D
Haha, I'm right there with you :P I guess I'm one of the very few persons who doesn't like the movie. I mean, yes the animation and effects are totally amazing but the story itself ...
Anyway, I laughed so hard when Cameron's ex-wife got all the prices :lol:

And of course: a big YAY for Christoph Waltz, my fellow Austrian. He's the best. End of story.

And of course: a big YAY for Christoph Waltz, my fellow Austrian. He's the best. End of story.

Yeah, he is. I remember seeing him many years ago in a horrible TV production where he played a murderer and he scared the crap out of me. Wouldn't have thought to see him giving such a pretty speach for an Oscar in the future. I love his attitude towards the whole thing.

i watched only the half of it (time difference was just too much), and i noticed George's weirdness, so he was like that throughout the show? WTF?
when Alec and Steve "made" fun of him he was all too serious and i really thought it he was "playing" along..

my only regret is Reitman not winning the Best Screenplay, i really liked the idea of it. :(
Fist pump for Bigelow winning it in the eve of Woman's day :heart:

I didn't watch the show, it's too long and after years of watching it and being disappointed I just don't tune in anymore but I keep hearing things about Clooney's attitude and him being rude to the camera man(?). What's the deal? Just curious.

well, he made weird faces throughout the night, like "stuck up" thoughout it, no smiles no nothing (even sandra, upon winning, stopped telling story about him and her seeing him like this). at first alec and steve made jokes and he was frozen (and i was okay, it's him totally playing along...) but...he continued to do so...like he really didn't want to be there and his gf kept leaning in to his side everytime the camera zoomed in (this is off topic but i'm fascinanted with this woman :lol:). and on top of it, he didn't get up when there was standing ovation to Mo'nique, he just kept on sitting in the first row. :lol:
he was like this throughout the night:

500x_clooney13710.jpg

500x_clooney23710.jpg

500x_clooney53710.jpg

500x_clooney73710.jpg

500x_clooney83710.jpg

500x_clooney113710.jpg

:lol:
jezebel.com

his gf kept leaning in to his side everytime the camera zoomed in

Well she does love the camera and her fame as his gf.

Sounds like someone was being a petulant child.:lol: Really out of character for him.

Did you see the pics of him with the flask on the red carpet? :shifty::rofl:

Is this the only thread for the 2010 Oscars? Is there a picture only thread like for the GGs. I did a search and this is the only "general" thread that came up.

i think george didn't want the camera swinging that often to him and zooming in on him - i mean come on of course he should know better sitting in the front row but i think only him and meryl streep were shown that much as being audience at the oscars - i think he must have felt like being on the center stage having the camera that often in his face (well at least i would feel that way if i was sitting watching a show and being in the center of attention that often and for that matter having that much on-screen time:()

Christoph Waltz is phenomenal, I enjoyed his speech so much. What a brilliant one it was, the best of the night. I also really liked Sandra's speech, I've never been a fan of hers but with that speech and the one at the Razzies ceremony she's won me over. I watched The Blind Side 2 days ago and I must say that although she is good in the movie, that role shouldn't have brought her an Oscar, it was good, but nowhere near brilliant. I'm glad she got it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->