Paris fashion schools

^Is it difficult being a foreign student there? Finding housing, dealing with visas, etc?

i see, thank you for your honest answer. i plan on finishing my second year at lcf while study french intensively. what if i am able to apply and start from their second year? would 1 year of fully living in paris and allowing myself to get used to the language help me with the 3rd year?
how is 3rd year the hardest in your opinion?
have you finish all 4 years or are you currently on 3rd year?

It's difficult for foriegn students...especially the paper work, Because french are famous for their wonderful costumer service and excellent english.....lol, just depends on luck " touch wood", I 've met some nice ppl there.

MUXU: I've finished my 2nd year, It's just my frd who have finished 3rd yr told me that they all think 3 yr is the hardest. Lots of exam and pressure, and it's definately help to spend 1 year fully living in paris. Because I've learn french before and it's like useless when I arrived. U should try 3rd yr, because Actaully I think it's kind of easy to getting into this school....

Good luck to u all, if u want to know something more, ask me...!

XOXO

Hi matthewthew, can you elaborate on the entrance requirements for chambre syndicale?
And how is the one-year modelisme class? Is it only for students who already completed a fashion degree?

thanks^_^

wow thank you so much mathewthew!
what are some techniques you learned in 1st and 2nd year? im afraid my techniques are not as good or as fully learned to just join in with 3rd year.
how are the students in your class finding this course? are there a lot of students? cause it seemed from last year's graduates that there were not so many by 4th year

did you ask la chambre syndicale about their tuition prices, muxu? in your e-mail to them

the fee for international is around 10,000 isnt it? that digit at least...

they still havent reply to my email. probably because i wrote in english...so they ignored me

edit: forget what i said. i just checked my email. they replied. basically they just said i am too late to apply for this coming year but i should make an appointment to see the school director in december.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ifm

just got an offer from IFM accessory MA :P, anyone will go there in sept?

More about Sorbonne

the three schools Juliana mentioned above, are the most famous for fashion in Paris..
not sure, but i think Sorbone also has a fashion programe but its not about design, more on history/sociology of fashion.

Does anybody know about this Sorbonne program? I'm looking for a graduate program in Costume History or Fashion History. I found one at NYU, but I'm also looking for something in Europe.

Merci!

IFM Paris

just got an offer from IFM accessory MA :P, anyone will go there in sept?
Last week I got to know that I was accepted for the "Programme Postgraduate de Management Mode et Design" at the Institut Français de la Mode. :smile:

I got a master's degree in "International Relations" from Bocconi Business School in Milan (I'm from Milan) but, since I always wanted to work in fashion, I looked for an internship at CHANEL and then I thought I would study fashion management properly so I applied to the IFM and...here I am! Ready for Paris! :smile:

I just got accepted to the Fashion Business course at Istituto Marangoni :smile:

What do you guys think about Institutio Marangoni?
They are located in both Milan and Paris, which is a plus, because I'm trying to decide where to study.
And they have a Fashion Styling course! :buzz:

Hey, does anybody know if there are any schools, in which I could study fashion for example one year in Paris and one year in NY?

How is Parsons Paris different from Parsons NY? I know that the former is much newer....

Anyway, is anyone here from Studio Bercot? I would like to know more about this school :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->