Paris fashion schools

hahahah so true...esmod just wastes ur time..trust me.. i'm abt 2 billion miles from where i want to be!

Hi, I´m studing journalism in Spain and when I´ll finished I would like to study fashion and stylisim in other country, like Paris or Milano. What do you think is the best French Fashion School? I would like to know your opinion, it´s very important for me.

Many thanks,
Carolyn.

Anyone can tell more about the Institut Français de la mode?

PLXXX!

I've heard my frd is hard to get in ~they prefer u've experiences abt 2-3 yrs, In fact, u can find all the course details form their site.
And my teacher of styliseme is from IFM, but my french is not really good, so I cant get any informations for u now, but maybe later~~:flower:

My problem the following, i am spanish and i am studing business management and administration, i know it hasn't anything to do with fashion but....anyway, i would like to know how long is the IFM course, an if i need some experience or studies before get into the IFM.

¿The courses are only in french?¿ It costs 9.500€, but one year, or the whole module?

what can you tell me about parsons paris? i want to study all four years there. is it a good program? how is it compared to studio bercot and other schools? and also in france are you allowed to work with a student visa? ifnot how on earth do they expect you to pay rent?lol

Institut Francais de la Mode (IFM Paris)

So I've seen a lot of threads about many of the world's fashion schools. Does anybody know anything about the ifm-paris? I'm really interested in their Fashion Design Postgrad program that's 1 and a half years. I think they only accept a few people from all over the world every year so of course it's very competitive. I looked through past years and none of the ones selected were ever from my country (Canada). If you've heard anything. What do you guys think of this school?

Here's the website: http://www.ifm-paris.com/

Hey, I'm interested in becoming a fashion director or editor in chief of a fashion magazine, my dream is Vogue Paris.:wub: I was wondering what schools would be good for fashion styling in Paris.

Ahh I've been looking at fashion schools for the longest time. my uncle is a stylist and he told me to aim public schools because the private ones are never 100% sure, at least he doesn't trust them.
I'm in terminale, and am applying to Duperre, Boulle and Olivier de Serre for a first year of MANAA because I'm in a science section.

Ahh I've been looking at fashion schools for the longest time. my uncle is a stylist and he told me to aim public schools because the private ones are never 100% sure, at least he doesn't trust them.
I'm in terminale, and am applying to Duperre, Boulle and Olivier de Serre for a first year of MANAA because I'm in a science section.

Oui !

Do a MANAA ( foundation year of art studies in France ) and then try Duperré, it's the best imo

Good luck !:flower:

Oui !

Do a MANAA ( foundation year of art studies in France ) and then try Duperré, it's the best imo

Good luck !:flower:

Thank you!
Well the thing is that the schools I cited are the very known ones and a lot of people try out at these ones, so it's harder to get in, also knowing that in some they only take 30 students! :blink: I'm still quit confident, the people that are in MANAA told me that the schools look for creative people with a personality and that like all kinds of art. And I know that my motivation letter will be good. (at least I think... :unsure:)
Anyways, I only get to apply to three MANAA's and I have no idea what to put next, my teachers telling me to get a plan B going.
Do you know what other solution there is to get to duperre or ensad? (they don't take people directly after a BAC S... :S and I'm in S.)

and you are talking here mainly about fashion design. what about fashion marketing, which would be the best? also, do you think it is still possible to start my studies at some school in paris if i would apply only now? i've checked many of the mentioned schools websites, but i got lost... ESMOD website really got me wanting to be accepted there, but then i read the comments here... My dream would be Parsons though. I also love that you can finish it in NY.

and very important thing - how difficult is it to get some scholarships or grants for the studies? cause otherwise i guess my career in fashion is over without getting even started...

thanks in advance for the advices!

Does anyone know anything about application for ESMOD? Would a feldgeling designer with little to no practical fashion experience qualify for education there or is it more of a school geared towards teaching those with the practical experience? I know quite little in terms of technical fashion skill, but would love to have the opportunity to learn in an environment like that of Esmod and in Paris.
Also does anyone know anything about the application/exam process?

Well at first that's what I wanted to do, but then I talked to my cousin that's a stylist in paris, and he told be first of all that I shouldn't do in fashion because it's supposed to be for those screwed up their life (but that we don't care :smile: ) and second, that private schools are not the best option. Because you can never be sure of what kind of education they will give you if it'll be the best, and that they look forward to getting the money. Oh and that also they give out the diploma because the students paid so much and that being in a public school looks better because you actually must have worked very hard to get in and get the diploma because there are a lot of people that want to get in and don't. ESMOD is very known so education wise I think there must be no problem. I don't remember what kind of courses they give but I think you can always google them and find there website to know.
I want to be a designer too :smile: and I've applied to a couple manaa's to start (a year) to then go to a fashion design school, hoping to go to duperre (which is public). Just to give you an idea of another possibility, because sometimes when you get an idea in your head you may not want to see the others. (I wanted the same thing as you before I talked to my cousin. ^^)
(hope I helped :smile: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, you raise some very good points, but I think for me (and my parents.) it's probably essential to go to a fairly reputeable school in the private sector. ESMOD is not my first choice but I am interested in going there. I'm just hoping to get some details on whether or not I should apply because of skill level.

hmmm.

Well, they don't make you pass any testing, you just need to be 17+ and have the BAC or an equivalent diploma. So not having a high skill level must not be a problem. :smile:

I am finishing my undergraduate in the spring of 2010 and am looking into graduate schools. I will graduate with a major in English (literature) and a minor in Art History. The school I attend currently is a public Midwestern university, but I am hoping with my grades I will be able to get into a school overseas. I would like to go into fashion journalism and was wondering if there are any schools in Paris which offer an MA in the field? Many of the schools I have found are focused specifically on design. I have looked into the Central St. Martin's MA Program in London, but am wondering if a school in Paris would be better for what I wanted to do. Granted, I am not nearly fluent in French, but am working on it.

I've study 2 eme annee ( second yr ) at CS ....U cant say it's not good. But for a foriegners, I dont think it's worth it. It's so much different from what I've heard and what someone told us. Most of my frdz feel that 2. As almost the most expensive school in Paris. It cant provide what we want. Righ now CS have change from Couture to design school....Still they have lots of modeliseme ... but is it couture? No. Even the french said that. And they've changed to a 4 yr programme. Lots of my frd will leave after there 3 yrs. Because It's so pricey......And we wont have a certificate after yr 3. A certificate will be given to those grauated from yr 4. I'm not saying it's not a great school, but my tuition is not equal to what I'll get, that all I'm saying personnelly. And my frd prefer Studio Bercot & ATELIER chardon savard & Dupree. My french classmates said the best is La cambre from Brussels, Belgium. It's not in Paris, but they speak french 2 and recommend by my french classamtes....The open day that I've visited is just amazing amazing...It's my dream school. But it's so hard to enter, becoz no matter where are u from, U've got to do the exam. and It's 5 yrs...No matter what u've study b4. It's like a total brain washing.But still I'm gonna try. If anyone have some question about CS or ESMOD. u can ask me 2..sinces my roomates is from ESMOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauttttttt555
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->