Paris fashion schools

Does anybody know about Institutio Marangoni's reputation?

Since I'm starting there now my opinion might be slightly biased :lol:, but I've heard nothing but good things. What convinced me to start there is the list of alumni they have in the back of their catalogue (every single fashion house was mentioned).

- The fact that 95% of the students get a job directly after they've graduated, and it's a small school, has to mean something too!

^wow!

Is competition really stiff in order to get in? What are the general requirements and portfolio requirements?

^ I don't really know about the competition, don't think it's too stiff really. I think what can be difficult is that some programmes get full early on in the semester, so even though they don't have an application deadline it might be a good idea to apply early. I was lucky since I applied really late!

You only need a portfolio for the one-year and the master programmes, not for the 3-year ones. I just sent in a motivational letter and two recommendation letters along with my grades from high school.

hi there,

I am also moving to study fashion design in Paris. What have you heard about ESMOD. Is it a good choice to study fashion deign?
ESMOD nolonger teaches the french method of pattern making but now teach the american method of using a block, which takes alot more time. My French teachers (who worked for designers in Paris) told me its rating has gone done and is now the "French version of FIDM".

^takes a lot more time ...

do you mean the drawing line by line, point by point, based on measurements...?
the English use this method too

How is the French method different?

do you mean the drawing line by line, point by point, based on measurements...?
the English use this method too

How is the French method different?
that is the french method if I understand what you are saying correctly.

the American method: you create a basic piece called a block (which is a size 8), from there you will adjust to make your pattern, and than you would adjust the measurements.

oh i see, thanks :o so you're basically doing alterations
although it's good to learn too

i agree it's more efficient to do it the other way

hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody is going to the sorbonne? :smile:

i still have a while till uni, but i was wondering if istituto marangoni was hard to get into?
i really want to go there, to study designing or styling
and if anyone goes there, is it good?

IFM is the best design dchoo; of paris, france, takes only 10 students!

Hi there!

Does anyone know wich are the best fashion schools in Paris, with an one-year program?
I`ve heard about ESMOD, Studio Berçot and Chambre Syndicale...
Is there any other?

I`m planning to study fashion design or moulage in an one-year program... any suggestions?

Tks a lot

Juliana :smile:

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but I'm looking for an about 3 or 4 month longs fashion or photography (I wouldn't mind taking a photoshop course either) in Paris.
I've googled and googled and it seems it's quite hard to find schools that offer courses that only last less than a year.
Does any of you have any ideas?
I'm thinking about moving to Paris in the first 4 months of 2011, so I've little over a year to sort this out.

In Denmark we have these evening-classes, where you can study everything from languages to painting and I'm thinking that they must have something similar in Paris.

If you do not personally know, do you know where I can find the information or who I can contact?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, does anyone have any info about Paris American Academy? http://parisamericanacademy.fr/

Are the lessons taught in English? I would love to travel to Paris. Experience European culture, art, food etc. I can't speak French so its definitely going to be a big problem. Will we be taught French at the school? O should I learn some basics b4 visiting Paris? Many questions but so little info on the net.

Also in their site I saw that they offer Fall or Spring Term specialized program study full-time for four months. I think that is most ideal for me as I've limited budget. Have to save up and all. I wonder what is the cost of living there. Anyone who's living in Paris or studied at Paris American Academy with info, please tell me yeah it'll be of a lot of help. Thanks for the help TFS-ers. Gros bisous!

Summer at Parsons Paris

Hi everyone, i was looking for some info on Parsons' Paris Summer courses. I was thinking about doing the one called Dreaming + Draping + Dressing..Does anyone know if it is worth it?Has anyone ever went to a summer course there or know someone who did? Thank you :smile:

Okay im back a year after my last posts. ^_^
So basically i went to the sorbonne in arts plastiques. I know its not fashion but if ever you hear someone wants to go there tell them not to, the area where it is sucks, they dont teach you anything (and im seriously we never ever learned how to draw, paint, etc ) you only get projects and get critized on it without any help to progress after. You my (and i did) learn to get better in drawing and co but only if you do it at home and you do learn to see things and approch things differently. But at the end its a total waist of time, the diploma only gets you a job as an art teacher.

Anyway, i was thinking about getting into a fashion soon, but ill have to go through a private one since i missed the two year delay for the manaa's. And since they are so expensive i wanted to take a year and study by the cned so i had time to work and put money aside. (just realized that was too expensive for what it is so im kind of lost now... :unsure:)
When do they start and finish choosig their students? Is it a negative point to stop school a year to put money aside?

Reading the beginning again, sounds like esmod and CS went down hill. Which schools do you recommend? I was thinking studio bercot, and read some stuff about atelier chardon savard...

I plan to take adult-learning course after undergraduate education. Major is not designing but merchandising, styling, history, sth alike. Is it possible ? How long does that kind of course last ? Is finaid available ? Do top fashion schools offer such course ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->