Paris fashion schools

Yeah I saw it referred to somewhere. It's not really a college but a 1 month seminar. I'm going to be studying business and one of their seminars is on fashion management and marketing. As much as I'd love to go to school in Paris, It's my third time around in uni so I have to do it via correspondence so I can work full time :(

Duperré is free, it's written on the website.
But I guess you'll have to pay your own paper, brushes etc...

For foreign students :
http://www.duperre.org/Sections/11_International/P21_ClasseInternat.htm

For some inquiries, try to mail them:
[email protected]

Their open days are in February generally.

I don't know if Duperré is 'the best' fashion schools, but I can tell you it's better than the majority off all those private fashion schools where you don't learn a thing with crappy tutors ... that's my opnion.
Perhaps some private schools are excelellent ( Chambre Syndicale ) but the worst of this is ESMOD.
This schools doesn't give a damn about their students, or maybe, just their wallets ...

i totally agree ... i was at esmod for a year..and i was an international student.
firstly...there is no divesity in courses...its either fashion drawing or pattern drafting and stitching... and the teachers there really don't give a **** abt making you learn the technique...and i hated my pattern drafting teacher!!!

the hours were horrible 8:00 to 1:00.. and 3:00 to 5:00

and even though i was in the international section most of our course was taught in french...

oh..and none of us spoke french..and they didnt make an effort to teach us the language..while the kids in the french section were given english tuitions!!

tuition fee is almost as much as UAL... and honestly the school is not good...
there is no campus..and renting a bloody studio was 700 euros...

and you could only miss 3 days a month...

and some of the teachers were racists...and favoritism is quite a key feature there!

the international section started out with 30 students...5 left by the end of the first semester... and i left by the second... all the other students competed the year and then decided to find other colleges in london , new york, italy and other such places...

so who ever is applying to esmod!!! please think abt it..really carefully!!
i was 16 when i got in..and honestly i ruined my life by going there...
i'm 19 now..and am finaly getting back on my feet..and applying to REAL art and fashion colleges!

Birth of Mode, Pleeease!

Do you know tell me more about the Post Graduate at "Institut français de la mode"?!

most of the students are either transfers from new york....
or are studying in paris for 2 years..and then doing their final year at parsons in ny!!
but its really nice!!
i have a few friends there.. n they quite like it..
you also get more opportunities to work in the industry...
my friend was interning with ungaro!

but apparently...le chambre syndicale de couture..or hwatever it is called is supposed to be really really good...
so if ur fluent with french...plz go there!

Birth of Mode, Pleeease!

Do you know tell me more about the Post Graduate at "Institut français de la mode"?!

some of my friends graduated overthere. it's THE best school in Paris for fashion studies. You meet a lot of important person .... and the teachers are good, as well ...
My friends had people coming to the class for special interventions from Mr Toledano (Dior) to people from big showrooms, and not only high fashion .... because most of the money in fashion industry isn't there, but in showrooms with cheaper brands, but bigger distribution .... don't know exactly how to explain all this in english .... :unsure:

though i don't know what you want to do exactly, my friend were in something more about marketing, management etc. cannot remember the name of their cursus.
at the end of your year, you have a 6 months internship to do.
it costs basically 9000€, but there are a lot of fundations - especially for foreigners students.

anyway, if you wanna go GO !!! it's a great school with A LOT of relations into the fashion world .....

OMG! Thank goodness!

I love the course, at the site they explains all that happens in the course! All the partners and the people who coming to teach! I love to know that course it's the best!

Thank you indeed!

I wanna get the postgraduate of "Fashion Design".

Mod'Art International

I have a couple questions regarding this fashion school in Paris. I've posted in the fashion school posts here, but never got a response. Hoping maybe someone who has attended will see this topic and be able to help me.

I'm interested in their MBA in fashion management. On their website it says the program is 3 terms, does that mean 3 years? Also, when does the program start, as in what month? None of this info is on their website. I've emailed them but got no response.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am from the United States and am planning on applying to Mod'Art in Paris. I'm a bit confused by the documentations that they want for their application process. Anyone who has applied to schools overseas and could help would be great!

They want:

-School/university reports (this would just be transcripts from my college I am assuming)

-Copy of your diploma.
How do I do this? Just scan in my diploma and print out a copy to mail
to them?

-Copy of your passport.
How do I do this as well? Just take pictures of my passport, print them
out and mail?

-2 photos.
Can they just be any photos? Or do they usually want passport type
photos?

^

they mean photocopy...colour or black and white will do...

and photo should be passpoert sized 50x50 was what i used when i was in paris...

yes and they mean your transcripts....
so i guess ur from ur uni...and ur high school(maybe)

how come they havent asked for a letter of rec???

birth.of.mode -

Thanks for your help. About the letters of rec, they did ask for those but I didn't put that in my above post because I understood that part haha. I was only mentioning the parts that I wasn't clear on.

Do you know anything about Mod'Art? I'm still having trouble finding out when their program starts (what month), and when you need to have the application turned in by.

mod'art... no ..not really..buti'm goin and having a look at their website..

ok so i just saw the website..and i nguess its relatively new...coz the alumni profiles page said "coming soon"...

are you doing a course in fashion creation or management?

they have internships with designers like chanel and comme des garcons...so its definitely better than my old college(esmod)...
i just hope that u find some one whoz actually been to that college..coz its always better to here what the students say..
anyway..i hope ur applying to london as well...
coz honestly nothing beats the university of arts london!

Anyone has information and/or comments about the Summer school of one month at ESMOD? I have no formation in Fashion at all.. But I would like to try something before thinking of starting a 3yrs program.
Thanks a lot!

Anyone has information and/or comments about the Summer school of one month at ESMOD? I have no formation in Fashion at all.. But I would like to try something before thinking of starting a 3yrs program.
Thanks a lot!

if its ESMOD paris...DONT GO THERE!!! trust me!!!

look at all of my posts above...

although if its only for a month..then there is no harm in going there..but dont expect to get a formal diploma or certification...

Thanks birth.of.mode

Ill try to find something else. Do you know any other school in Paris (program in french) for summer school?

i'm sure parsons paris has one! and its a pretty good college...
but if u find something in chambre syndicale...then that would be amazing!

wow this thread seems to be very very useful and informative to me!!!

I'm thinking of taking bachelor degree in journalism, concentrate in fashion. I am now taking bachelor degree in psychology, concentrate in social psychology and I've been suffering enough doing the stuff because psychology isn't my passion. does anyone know whether there's any college in paris/france have fashion journalism major? I've been learning french for almost 2 years, so I hope my french would have been fluent enough by the time I graduate from my college. thank you!!!! :D

I would love to take some pattern making courses, just to broaden myself, but higher education in France is so rigid! If you haven't been set on going to a certain school or studying in a certain topic since you were 15, you're behind lol. So I'm stuck for now in boring old history and science po.

For Americans reading this, I think it would be much easier to take introductory courses in the US since the American system is more fluid and there are many smaller (public) schools which are easy to get into. Seriously, if it's a choice between ESMOD and a no-name public school in the US, US will be cheaper and you'll learn just as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->