Personal must-haves for F/W 07.08

litchickuk

Reaction score
Autumn/Winter 2007/8 Shopping Lists

Hey y'all

I know that summer hasnt really hit yet but i'm already planning and starting to get pieces together for my fall/winter wardrobe. So I wanted to find out if any of you are at that stage with me or whether you leave it until later? If your planning and/or buying what have you got your eyes on?
I am looking at getting - numerous satin shirts in a variety of rich and vibrant colors, a new fur coat in black, pencil skirts in various materials including tweed, suede and leather, a cropped black blazer and wide leg trousers in black, grey brown and navy - some high waist and some not.
So what y'all got in mind?

(if there is already a thread like this please move it to where it should be, although i could see one for THIS fall! Ta very much!)

Great thread!

I want to find some python flats in emerald green or black.

WOW!! Seems too early to talk about it =) I have just got ready for summer.

its never too early! i buy for winter in summer and for summer in winter. i couldnt do it any other way because as soon as the weather starts to change i will be prepared and ready to change seasons!

just me - i love the sound of emerald green python flats!

I haven't even finished figuring out my summer wardrobe yet. LOL. However, I would RATHER think about fall because I prefer the clothes during that time of the year. Hmmm...maybe I will just skip summer and head straight to fall! :smile:

I haven't even finished figuring out my summer wardrobe yet. LOL. However, I would RATHER think about fall because I prefer the clothes during that time of the year. Hmmm...maybe I will just skip summer and head straight to fall! :smile:

:lol:

Unfortunately this is one of my problems as well.. my winter wardrobe is perfect, but my summer is not I have only just started to think about summer and I'm almost sick of it!

The catwalks are not very inspiring for the fall season.

Dayum, early.
Trousers, cashmere v-necks and collared shirts. That's it.

I've already began purchasing things for fall/winter. More trench coats and vintage knitwear. I need more wooden heels and V neck sweaters. I think I mostly need classic pieces and common staples.

i am already completely absorbed in my autumn/winter shopping. besides, all the coats and things from last season that can transfer to next are on sale now!

I want some advice from you girls...I've been looking for a pair of nice boots...nothing fancy and no 3-5 inch heel just casual that will go good with anything I wear like jeans, dresses, and skirts and this if for everyday wear. Any suggestions? give me websites? links?

Also the python flats sounds really hot!

*Skinny jeans: i am not able to find the perfect skinny jean yet!
*a nice blazer coat black or white
*brown/black/red flats
*below the knee high boots

i love what y'all have written. I love that some of you havent even finished with summer and others are well into buying winter wardrobe stuff. It shows what variety we have within our ranks!

Greeen - i agree that winter and fall is a great time to fall back onto classics and in opposition to that i think spring summer are the times to get crazy with trends!

Apertures - that is why alot of people buy winter now! Sales are on for woolies and coats, youve already seen the fall and winter catwalk shows, so you know what to buy when its cheap that carries you through! I love this time of year!

adding to my shopping list

- fish-tail knee length skirts
- burgandy knee high leather boots
- princess cut coats in white or cream and black
- tartan!
- top hat

Last edited by a moderator:
litchickuk, I've found that it's almost easier (for me at least) to find more interesting pieces for winter. I hate buying clothes for summer because they just get messed up it seems. Sweaty and ew.. hahah. It's still not fully summer here in Los Angeles and that is soooo odd to me.

I do like the idea of fish-tail knee length skirts, where do we even look for them?

I'm adding

-slim fitting turtle necks
-lace light weight vests

I gotta start searching now.

Another pair of Louboutins maybe... I will probably get quite a few pairs of shoes!

I prefer winter clothes and this year I'll have to buy a lot because in September I'm moving to Glasgow to study (I live in Spain, so imagine, quite a big change of weather :P).

I don't know yet what I want to buy... The only thing I have in mind are two pairs of gloves that I saw in a Mango catwalk show.

I do like the idea of fish-tail knee length skirts, where do we even look for them?

Well hit the high street - I know that Oasis have done a few over the last couple of months so they will be in the summer sale soon. Thats the best place to start if you know what they have had so far in the year, so you know what to go straight for in the sale.
Then onto thrift and vintage stores and ebay to see if you can get one thats worked for years or one youve mssed out on.
Then onto designers if you cant find the specific ones you want. Though sometimes I start here because ive seen the perfect one and know ill find nothing better!

youve just got to scout around and be aware of whats in stores over time. Also when in doubt ask your friends - see if theyve got something they want in exchange for what you want.

Bleh, I hate summer season for fashion. I just wear a white T-shirt E.V.E.R.Y.D.A.Y.

But I really want to get a nice duffel coat.

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: may I ask why you hate summer fashion? For me it is because of the lack of skin being covered.

My winter list so far:
black + purple + grey + navy cardigans
black and grey turtle neck sweater dresses
grey straight leg jeans
dark navy raw straight leg jeans
knee high socks x 3 (cream + olive + navy)
ribbed tights x 3 (black + grey + olive)
brown leather boots
leg warmers

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: may I ask why you hate summer fashion? For me it is because of the lack of skin being covered.

I hate summer season because I've always been a layer-type person and I love jackets. And summer eliminates both of my fashion favorites.

Thanks litchickuk! I'm wondering if I can pull it off, I'm kinda short lol

I feel like my fashion capabilities are watered down during the summer, I dress down a bit, I can't layer, there's only so much you can do with sleeveless tops, I can't wear as many closed toe shoes and I hate peep toe flats. grrrrr! I feel your pain allius :lol:

I'm adding 2 nice anoraks to my winter shopping list. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->